i broke my toe...

Options
so yesterday i broke my pinky toe. can't believe something so small can hurt so much. anyone have any experience with this? i am hoping it won't slow me down too much with my exercise. my exercise is walking, biking or the elliptical. anyone know if i will still be able to do these after a few days?

Replies

• Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Ouch that hurts like a mutha.....:mad:
    Sorry that's all I got.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Depends on the break - I broke the one beside my pinky toe, and could barely hobble around for weeks. Could bike after about 7-8 days? It was incredibly sensitive for at least a year after.

Mine was a very bad spiral fracture though, so possibly worst case?
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    according to the doc, it didn't seem bad. he thought it would heal in 2 weeks. but the thought of two weeks without exercising is bothering me...wait, did i just say that? never thought those words would come out of my mouth, i guess that's progress in itself... i can hobble around the house and stuff, and am hoping in two or three days it'll improve to the point where maybe i can bike or walk around the 'hood.

thanks for the input.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I broke mine years ago. Thankfully the weather was nice, because I could not get a shoe on my foot. It took several weeks to heal. I think you will be fine with the bike and elliptical. Walking was difficult for me.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Ouch!! I broke my middle toe awhile back. It was sore for a couple months. My advice would be to do swimming, biking, rowing or something that keeps the pressure off your toes!!