I cant believe it!!!

Options
i weighed myself last wednesday at the doctors office and i was at a BIG 190, then today i weighed myself again... and i am down 9 pounds in one week!!!! Thats amazing!!! I know that if i can do it that everyone on this site can do it as well... i have struggled for so long to lose weight and now that i am doing it i feel as if i have beat it.... and i will cont. to lost until i am at my goal weight.... I wish everyone reading this the best of luck in ur journey to losing the unwanted fat...

Replies

• whtcoca
    Options
    i weighed myself last wednesday at the doctors office and i was at a BIG 190, then today i weighed myself again... and i am down 9 pounds in one week!!!! Thats amazing!!! I know that if i can do it that everyone on this site can do it as well... i have struggled for so long to lose weight and now that i am doing it i feel as if i have beat it.... and i will cont. to lost until i am at my goal weight.... I wish everyone reading this the best of luck in ur journey to losing the unwanted fat...
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :happy: Congratulations!!!!!! Thanks for the words of incouragment......(wish they had spell check on here:tongue:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    WOO-HOO!!! Good Job!!!

Angela :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!:smile:
  • hmrsimpsonzealot
    Options
    :flowerforyou: AWESOME! How do you keep motivated? That is what I am having the worst time with.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    When I get weighed at the doctors I ask for one of those skimpy robes so I don't get the weight of my clothes counted in. :wink:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Good Job, Keep up the good work
    CONGRATES YOU ROCK!

But a word of warning..... NOT THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU MIND YOU.
    but I have seen it happen to others and I just want you ALL to know.
    THE SCALE AT HOME IS NOT THE SAME AS THE SCALE AT THE DOCTORS OFFICE!!!
    I repeat:
    I have seen women freak when they are weighed again at the Doctors office and it shows higher then their scale at home. I have seen them burst into tears because of this too. I saw one girl pass out, but that was an extream case.
    I might work in the medical industry, but I have YET to find a Doctor that will give me a straight answer to why this is.
    To this, I always tell the women to NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE SCALE AT THE DOCTORS. Pay attention to your friend the bathroom scale (and I say this because the bathroom scale per capita seems to always be the lowest number.) and do not freak if you go to the Doctor and it LOOKS LIKE you gained weight. IN FACT. I tell them to weigh BEFORE they come in. and not look at the weight on the scale. If they want to know what it is, we will tell them, I have only had ONE doctor be so mean as to blurt out to the whole office what the weight was. and that was MY doctor. (but not for long) Normally they respect your wish not to know.
    THE ONLY good that I have seen with the scale at the Doctors office is that pound for pound it WILL show a loss or gain like the home scale does. SO if you home scale shows you lost 5 pounds, so will the doctors office scale. OR you weigh at the doctors office and then go stright home and weigh and it seems like you lost weight on the way home. :ohwell:
    Just an FYI!
    --Diann...
  • whtcoca
    whtcoca Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for telling me!!! Yeah i have noticed a difference but not by much.... i usually stick with the one at home since i only see the doctor once a month and i am stepping on the scales at home more often.... Thanks again

CONGRATES YOU ROCK!

I repeat:
    I have seen women freak when they are weighed again at the Doctors office and it shows higher then their scale at home. I have seen them burst into tears because of this too. I saw one girl pass out, but that was an extream case.
    I might work in the medical industry, but I have YET to find a Doctor that will give me a straight answer to why this is.
    To this, I always tell the women to NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE SCALE AT THE DOCTORS. Pay attention to your friend the bathroom scale (and I say this because the bathroom scale per capita seems to always be the lowest number.) and do not freak if you go to the Doctor and it LOOKS LIKE you gained weight. IN FACT. I tell them to weigh BEFORE they come in. and not look at the weight on the scale. If they want to know what it is, we will tell them, I have only had ONE doctor be so mean as to blurt out to the whole office what the weight was. and that was MY doctor. (but not for long) Normally they respect your wish not to know.
    THE ONLY good that I have seen with the scale at the Doctors office is that pound for pound it WILL show a loss or gain like the home scale does. SO if you home scale shows you lost 5 pounds, so will the doctors office scale. OR you weigh at the doctors office and then go stright home and weigh and it seems like you lost weight on the way home. :ohwell:
    Just an FYI!
    --Diann...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options

And my $.02. That is great for you. It is common for people to have a big loss in the first week to ten days. However (and please talk to your doctor or a nutritionist) - it probably won't continue at that rate - NOR SHOULD IT. You don't want to be losing that much weight regularly, so don't strive for that. A loss of 1-2 pounds per week is the HEALTHY weight loss recommendation.

~Cheryl
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    CONGRATES YOU ROCK!

I repeat:
    Just an FYI!
    --Diann...

I don't go by the doctor's scale either. I just went to the doctor on Thursday and they weighed me at 203. However, that was at 3pm, after I ate, in jeans, a sweater and boots. I weighed myself the day before at home and I was 198.5 but I was in the buff so I did not freak when I saw that number at the doctor's office.