Late bloomer?

Options
Let me introduce myself...

I'm half-way through my 56th year, in a fairly new marriage (3 years next March), retired, adjusting to a move 2000 miles from the West Coast where I've spent most of my life, trying to discover who I am, and about to get healthy. In the process, I'm hoping to lose 65 pounds. Of course, that's why I'm here. I need support, helpful hints, prayer, and their great calorie counter since I'm chronologically-challenged and forgetful. (Think weight loss helps memory?)

Though it used to be, losing weight is no longer about liking myself. Guess what? It took over 50 years, but I am beginning to know and understand my heart and mind, and... BRACE YOURSELF! ... I like me!

Sound like an ego-trip? I imagine so, but think about it. God has made me a creative, interesting, dramatic, and funny person, and who am I to tell Him that He did it wrong? I've accomplished a lot in my life, including helping my 5 incredible kids become wonderful adults and parents... My Mom has decided that she actually likes me! ...I've learned new skills EVEN AS AN OVERWEIGHT SENIOR! (Photoshop, photography, blogging, etc.) ...My artwork is evolving and improving more all the time, especially since I finally have time to do it.... And, frankly, I like what God built into my heart. No extra weight can ever change what's built in.

Best of all, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that my Lord will love me even if I stay heavy. Yet, I want to please Him more than anything else, and He hurts when His kids do. So, there you have it. Jesus is my reason to lose.

Anyway, if you want to join this eccentric, melodramatic, ex-hippie artist in her newest adventure, I'd love to share the journey and look forward to meeting you.

Take care...

Karen