Anyone with an Eating Disorder?

Options
Hello! I was wondering if there were any girls or guys out there who also have an eating disorder. I binge/purge and restrict. I'd love to add you as a friend so we can support each other. I'm trying my absolute best to take the healthy road! It's been a tough time trying to balance not eating, over eating, purging, and guilt.

Love,
Dani.

Replies

• Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I know there are a few on here, there might be a group you could look up?
    Good on you for taking the healthy road :)
  • callmecorinne
    Options
    I to have an eating disorder. I would like to be friends but, i come with a sort of trigger risk. I am in outpatient therapy and am recovered from self harm but I am having a lot of trouble with recovery. It is an everyday struggle. I'm also in serious need of support! :)
  • bizarre_starr
    bizarre_starr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I have an eating disorder anymore but I did when I was a teenager. I suffered with other mental health problems and was an in-patient at a psychiatric unit for a year. It has been a long hard battle to get to the point I am now and I don't think it ever goes away completely (especially when you have the scars to show for it) but, in the long run, you become so much stronger than the next person on the street.
    Going on a diet has been extremely nerve wracking for me as I really don't want to slip into old habits (and there have been moments!). In fact I think the reason I put weight on was because I was adamant on not thinking about calorie content or feeling guilty etc. that it nearly went the wrong way. Luckily I noticed before it became too much of an issue.
    Please feel free to add me :-)
  • Nooshkabob
    Options
    I had Anorexia Nervosa. recovered but now on the verge of relapse :( trying to stay strong enough to continue with my normal life and not mess everything up but it's hard... feel free to add me if you want...
  • ricebarbiee
    Options
    Recovering Bulimic. It's especially hard seeing my body after having a baby...it's not the same. But I'm trying to keep from starving myself or binging and purging because I don't want to set that kind of example for my daughter.
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Does it count if it's not diagnosed?
  • princess12370
    Options
    I have an eating disorder as well. You can add me!
  • scotthegeek
    Options
    I have been diagnose with Bulimia non-purging. I did not know there was such a thing. I left therapy we where not allow to socialize there. I have a girlfriend now for the first time in my life and I'm much happier. I not sure if this site is any good for me both BANA and my dieatian said to get rid of the scale and I have.

Setting weight goals just seem to set my up to yoyo dieting.

I would like friends to talk to but we can't talk about weight. eating healthy and exercise yes. One thing to remember if you have an eating disorder is to be gentle and kind to yourself.

Hugs

Scott
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yes, former anorexic now struggling badly with major binge and purge episodes and really wanting to find some kind of normal. I net at least 1600 and don't like adding people netting below 1200. That aside, feel free to add me.
  • scotthegeek
    Options
    Does it count if it's not diagnosed?

I know I'm not the OP but everything I have lean is there are so many different kinds and variation of eating disorders and you may not fit the DSM but being aware you have trouble with food is a good start but is sometime scary to seek a diagnosis.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm a recovering binge eater/bulimic. Add me if you like :) I am very willing to talk about my experiences and what has helped me.
  • xPocahontas
    Options
    Recovering

Feel free to add
  • dorkusmalorkus
    Options
    same as you for about 5 years. anorexia a year before that
  • baileybrooklyntyler
    Options
    Me. I have been out of hospital for anorexia for 8 years, but have bad self image issues, guilt, restrict and just keep upping my exercise. I think I'll always have an anorexic mindset, whether it shows in my body or not. I have a 10 year old daughter (2 sons also) and I'd hate that for her :(
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've had a purging problem for quite some time, I'm not officially diagnosed with anything but is a problem and I'm trying to stop.
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed with binge eating disorder recently. No purging (I was a former singer and I love my vocal chords too much).

Started my fitness plan 3 weeks ago and my therapist gave me Prozac. I also had to quit my job for a while. Finally managed to be in control of my body (and appetite) again. I hope this lasts.
  • skinnydreams933
    Options
    I starve myself and sometimes purge if I eat too much. I don't know what to do. I need support.
  • RAWBMEOW
    Options
    You can add me Im older, but I binge and restrict. No purge.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I have had bulimia. Honestly, MFP is not a good place for you to be, because it's too easy to use MFP as a tool to enable your ED.

The only thing that even remotely helped me was a lot of time in therapy. Please find yourself a professional who specializes in eating disorders if you haven't already...
  • Icedancer94
    Options
    Yup, 'fraid so. Hope I'm over it now, but inside I guess I know I'm really not.