First Proper run

Options
been doing C25K for 7 weeks now but took this long to get to the end of week 5. just did the 5min warm up 20 min run and 5 min cool down. overall covered 5KM according to Mapmyfitness.com but also my run in the 20 minutes was 3.7 KM so I'm really pleased this is my first real successful non stop run. C25K is an ace program to follow. Can't wait to finish the course and run the whole five K. would never have thought it possible by me!!:drinker:

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job! :drinker:

I am doing that run tomorrow. :tongue:
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Way to go!!!:smile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Great job! :drinker:

If there are any close to you, sign up for a Turkey Trot run. You'll be surprised how well you do in a organized run! :drinker:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    been doing C25K for 7 weeks now but took this long to get to the end of week 5. just did the 5min warm up 20 min run and 5 min cool down. overall covered 5KM according to Mapmyfitness.com but also my run in the 20 minutes was 3.7 KM so I'm really pleased this is my first real successful non stop run. C25K is an ace program to follow. Can't wait to finish the course and run the whole five K. would never have thought it possible by me!!:drinker:

There are a lot of us on here that never would have thought it possible. :smile: I finished the c25k and I'll be running my first 5k on the 28th. I'm getting so excited. Good luck to you. You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

There are a lot of us on here that never would have thought it possible. :smile: I finished the c25k and I'll be running my first 5k on the 28th. I'm getting so excited. Good luck to you. You can do this. :flowerforyou:

Good for you, momma! :drinker:

Organized runs are motivating because you can gauge yourself against other runners! :smokin:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    thank you for the post, i am on W1D3 of C25K, and getting excited. i signed up for a 5K on 12/19. i have never been a runner in my life. so im excited and nervous at the same time. thanks again it gives me hope.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!