Help, I feel like I am melting!!

Options
I would love for some advice on how to tighten loose skin. I only really have the issues with loose skin on my thighs and arms. I do not want to go to the extreme measures of surgery, but losing weight and being left with the skin issues is really not helping my self-esteem. Any tips and or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    How bad is it? I seem to get this every 5 pounds, but it goes away in around a week.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I think time helps... I've had skin bounce back. I also belong to some beauty forums... dry brushing the body really helps.. do it daily if not twice a day. Use a great moisturizer like CeRave ...and work out. I bet it will bounce back.
  • billyh333
    billyh333 Posts: 213
    Options
    Hey I just watched a good video on that check it out YouTube getfit4women and the video topic is loose skin hope it works
  • Melissat33
    Options
    exercise will help tighten ur skin I have A LOT of weight to lose and I told my husband I would rather be fat then have that nasty skin hanging and need a surgery i couldn't afford......so I asked the dr he said exercise will help and to only lose 2 pounds per week..Good luck!
  • Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Under 30 years old your skin has lots of elasticity...time and toning help. Vit C is great for healthy skin. Insurance guidelines say they pay for loose skin surgery when 40% of totalbody weight is lost.
  • hudnharsmom
    hudnharsmom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: strength train, keep hydrated, moisturize, and dry brush. i know how u feel I'm in the same boat and i did a little research and this is what i go and trying. I'm also an esthetician and a lot of this makes sense they are things u would do to prevent wrinkles and ageing. oh yes and time.
  • billyh333
    Options
    If you loose weight fast and you get the loose skin you just sometimes need to let your body catch up with your new weight takes a couple weeks or months depending on how much weight you had lost
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I lost over 125 and it skin will bounce back but it takes time. It took mine about 6 months. Drink water it does help
  • billyh333
    Options
    I lost over 125 and it skin will bounce back but it takes time. It took mine about 6 months. Drink water it does help
    very accurate and congrats to you.
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I am willing to try just about anything at this point. Surgery is not something I want to resort to. So, I may just try all of you advice!!
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    All great tips. I would definitely add compression. any type of compression garment you can wear will help.