almost 40 & looking to lose 50 lbs!

Options
So far this year I have:

had a work contract not renewed for the first time ever
gotten a new job
separated from my husband
hit my highest weight ever (220)

So, since I am turning 40 in a few days, I thought now was the time to take some control and get back in shape! I'm a mom to two kids (11 and 5), a counselor, and a playwright. I've just started seriously exercising by doing the Couch to 5k program. I'm on the third week, because I'm repeating week 2. I signed up for my first 5k in Oct. I'd love to have friends in similar circumstances who'd like to exchange motivation, ideas, etc.!

Replies

• KayceRN
    KayceRN Posts: 40
    Options
    Seems like its been a trying year but you've taken the first step in taking control :) good luck !!!
  • 13directions
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kittyconni
    Options
    Hi there! We are very similar! I started going to the Metabolic Research Center in March of this year. I turned 40 April of this year! I also started out at 220. So far, I have lost 55 pounds. 30 more to go! U can do it !!
  • misslady72
    misslady72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's been a pretty taxing year for me too. I'm turning 40 next month. My job is up in the air...they can't iron out a contract and thats been a year so lots of stress there. Family stuff. La la la lol! But...I told myself I wasn't going to go into my 40's super obese. I started out at 261. I still have 30ish pounds to go (depending on how it looks on me).

Add me :)
  • 13directions
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I told myself the same thing. The only difference was "50 before 50". So, this April when I turned 50, I did it. You will lose 50LBs this year and when you turn 41, you will be in perfect shape with a beautiful body. Right? They say life begins at 50. :)
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just turned 38 recently and knowing my 40s were looming ahead has motivated me to get back in shape.