Need 160g protein a day.. how?

Options
My TDEE is 2600 calories
Going by 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein I should be have 200g protein per day
Minus a 20% deficit for weight loss, that brings it to 160g per day

I'm getting 80-88g per day from chicken and eggs.. any suggestions of where to get the other 80g from?

Replies

• CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    4 eggs, 300g chicken, a protein shake and a can of tuna will bring you to 160g protein. All with around 950kcal leaving 1,650 for the rest of your intake. Easy!
    Add me and look at my diary if you need some ideas (but ignore the last weekend, first time in probably 6months I haven't hit my protein goals haha)
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yup...eggs, I put them in shakes raw. Cottage cheese is a good source of whey protein. 1 cup is 24 grams.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Get the leanest meats you can get. They got the most protein. Egg whites etc. Oats have protein in them, and many things have protein in them like the others said here already.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A few suggestions - lean red meats, fish, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, whey protein shakes. One good protein shake can give you 50-60g of protein for around 250 calories (or less).
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Whey protein, non-fat yogurt, white fish, sardines, boiled chicken :-)
  • jawheb
    Options
    Sweet potatoes, beans, walnuts, almonds, sweet potatoes are good with honey and olive oil mashed up
  • jawheb
    Options
    Maybe try eating more protein.
    ^^ just google high protein foods
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoe with shredded chicken or pork on top and a little bit of bbq sauce

quinoa goes good with just about anything

hard boil some eggs to eat as snacks

protein bars from Aldi's are great
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Plan your meals. Make snacks protein based.

I consumed 118 grams of protein today. Check out my diary for ideas. Good luck :-)
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Whey protein shakes for sure.
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas all
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Tuna, Greek yogurt, quinoa or just hit the protein shakes. Many are quite good. I highly recommend Optimum Nutrition, Premier Nutrition and Pro Performance. All have really good taste to them and high protein, low carb/calories.
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    That's too much protein. You need no more than 100 grams. Otherwise you are poisoning and overworking yu pancreas, kidneys and liver with too much protein. Anything excess get excreted.
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    I'm on a 3000 calorie diet and i dont eat anywhere near 160 grams
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes =) They are amazing
  • jawheb
    Options
    That's too much protein. You need no more than 100 grams. Otherwise you are poisoning and overworking yu pancreas, kidneys and liver with too much protein. Anything excess get excreted.

For the average person not bodybuilding true
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are a good way to supplement some protein.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    honestly I can never hit my protein target without shakes. don't invest in a big tub of powder without trying a couple first because most are digusting, but some are entirely decent. mix them with greek yogurt for extra protein and deliciousness. make meat portions big and pair them with other protein-rich foods instead of plain carbs (quinoa instead of rice, etc, or just skip the side dish and eat a big pile of meat and vegetables). and it's amazing how many dishes are instantly tastier when you put a fried egg on top of it.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Search for protein bar/protein ball recipes. There are loads. Chocolate, peanut butter etc.

I personally haven't made any yet, but I plan to as I am also struggling in getting my protein count up since having to give up protein shakes. (intolerant)
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    For great protein shakes go to beachbody.com they taste great and help you lose weight.