The battle in my head...

Options
I just have to vent...I am getting so frustrated with my lack of weight loss. I've been sitting at this same weight for the last two months!!

I know what I have to do, but it seems like life just keeps getting in the way. I see how much I still have to lose and it motivates me to dig in and do more...then, SOMETHING always gets in the way. One of my kids gets sick...then I'm sick...the family is going camping...and on and on the list of excuses goes.

Sigh...tell me I'm not the only one that is dealing with this. Is it a summertime thing??

Replies

• Beksnevin
    Options
    Welcome to my life. It sux! The weight issue is huge for me but I just cant get it right. Last week I was down a kg - this morning I'm up that same kg. And like you I am chasing my tail everyday but still getting in at least 30min excercise even if moderate and packing lunches so you can imagine how I'm fighting with my body daily!
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Grrr!! Right??!! One day, I'm down 4/5 pounds from the last week...then, the next...up those same pounds!!

I feel like I am stuck on a broken record....I taste the success, I'm SO close to being below 200...yet, so far away! :(
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    Wow girl...you have lost 160 pounds!!! Yayyy....congratulations!!! I'm sure you found similar "SOMETHINGS" on your way at more than one point on your journery....and I'm sure you dealt with the "SOMETHINGS" very effectively. You are not alone....weight stagnation happens to many of us....and most of us know why it happens to us (our old habits and our valid "excuses" that made us unhealthy haunt us back and we are quick to just give up!!!). It's "easy" to fall back....it takes desire, hard work, courage and dedication to succeed! Of coarse you know that! You are my inspiration and my role model! Keep always trying your best, GIVE IT ALL YOU HAVE....nobody else is going to do it for you! ;)
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I am not stuck but need to re evaluate for this last 16kg (30+ pounds). For some reason, 16kg seems more daunting than the original 49kg. But I am going back to square one. My life has changed dramatically with 5mth old in house. I haven't lost motivation and I know that new habits have kept me from blowing out..I just need to find new ways around current situation (also been sick n kids and frustrated)!!!
  • babymine55
    Options
    Thanks, and you're right...there's always been, and will always be, "something's" going on in life. I have got to figure out how to work with them rather than letting all those 'things' get in the way of my goals.

..just pouting I guess. I want it faster than its coming...

Perhaps I too, need to re evaluate what on doing and what's working, and perhaps, what's not!
  • lacia79
    lacia79 Posts: 4
    Options
    Sweetheart, I know it is discouraging... But just look at how far you have come! I am so proud of the progress you're making. You have lost an entire person! And always remember that your weight loss starts to slow down over time. Don't beat yourself up. Just keep what you've been doing. Maybe make a few tweaks here and there, like committing to taking a hike while you're camping. But other than that, just know that you have made amazing strides on this journey, and tha you are an awesome and beautiful woman who deserves this! :)
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I just have to vent...I am getting so frustrated with my lack of weight loss. I've been sitting at this same weight for the last two months!!

I know what I have to do, but it seems like life just keeps getting in the way. I see how much I still have to lose and it motivates me to dig in and do more...then, SOMETHING always gets in the way. One of my kids gets sick...then I'm sick...the family is going camping...and on and on the list of excuses goes.

Sigh...tell me I'm not the only one that is dealing with this. Is it a summertime thing??

I'll tell you one thing: you've lost ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY POUNDS so far! That is an amazing accomplishment. Draw strength from that and take pride.

Eventually the plateau will break but please don't let a 2 month period of no loss or gain frustrate you.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Its ok.

Just because obstacles are popping up left and right does not mean you are failing. You shouldnt put the guilt on your shoulders though.

The process of getting fit teaches us that we have the ability to switch our priorities back and forth to handle what life throws at us- without that switch meaning that we have failed. Just the opposite! it means we can flow between all our priorities fluidly, understanding how they are all joined together to make us who we are.

Sometimes Im focusing on my career and exercise less.
    Sometimes Im feeling dragged down and spend more time sleeping.
    Sometimes Im restless and exercise even more.
    Sometimes Im sick and concentrate on my health and nutrition.
    Sometimes my house gets dastardly dirty and I spend more time on organization.
    Sometimes I miss my friends more than usual or feel lonely, so I spend more time on social stuff.

Does each switch mean Ive failed the previous task or focus?

Nope, cause altogether I can prove that I understand balance - and that this is a pattern I can maintain for the rest of my life - not just until the scale defines my gravitational pull with a number I like.
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat :/ I am down 80lbs and can't seem to lose these last 35lbs!!! It's so annoying. And I have been the same weight myself for the last few months. Like you, I know what I need to do and I know I can do it but it's just I feel like I can't and it's tearing me up!!!!! But we can do this girl!!!
  • babymine55
    Options
    You are all 100% AWESOME! Thanks for the boost of encouragement!! After my workout today my trainer and I went over my measurements and fat %'s...they were ALL down.

...I think I really...really...REALLY just need to see the scale hit below 200. It's been SO long since I've seen the 100's.

But, you are all right, it sounds corny..but WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well done. Those are all awesome achievements. In the past when I've hit a plateau I turn things on their head.
    IE: if I always have eggs for breaky, I opt for toast or cereal
    if I always work out in the monring, I work out at night
    if I always have salad for lunch, I have something else and salad for dinner
    Mix things up and shock your body into loosing mode again.

It will take time, you have done AMAZING so far - so keep it up..!!!
  • babymine55
    Options
    You're so right!! And thank you...as difficult as it is for me to see the finish line, I forget how far my journey has been.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Life, it happens. You've done amazing things already.
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I feel where you are coming from and I'm only down 2 lbs to your 160. Like someone said before, you are my inspiration!! You should be so proud of where you are today and just know that "this too shall pass" and you will be on your way.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    There are MANY who are stuck..we should make a club ;) I've been stuck at same weight for 4 months..

I am just trying to look at it differently now.. I look at how much I have done...and I am focusing on doing more types of exercise I like...instead of the best BURN.. I do what makes me the most happy...I was going INSANE with it..then I just said.. enough. I think I am stressing myself out too much!
  • saford10
    saford10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!! 160 lost your kickin A--. Great job. You must have been doing something right. It will all work its self out and you will be losing again. Just make time for yourself. Make others wait. 30-60 min. will not hurt anyone in your family if they have to wait for you. This is for a healthier you.

Today I worked outside at work in 90 degree weather. It sucked let me tell you. I was hot and tired and lazy feeling. I got off work and went home to a house that was in the hight 80's. That sucked too. But I knew I had to workout because my goal is to workout monday thru friday with weekends off. However it was just to hot. I went in my room changed into my workout clothes and did a four mile cardio walk in my livingroom while my two girls 18 and 19 watched me workout. My husband came home early from work and was there watching me too. They were wondering about dinner. Guess they had to wait because this was for me and it is something I said I was going to do. I didn't want to do it but I did it. When I was done then I got them dinner. I also did another one mile after dinner before my shower. Sometimes you just have to push yourself even when you don't feel like doing it or because your mind is full of all the things waiting for you. Funny thing is those things will always be waiting for you. Just make an hour a day for you. You deserve it. You are worth it. You can do it.

Keep up the good work you will get there. I just hope to do half as well as what you have already accomplished. Your fantastic!!
  • babymine55
    Options
    *blush* thank you...

You're absolutely right! I have to make it a priority again!!

You all ROCK!! :D
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    OMG...Please don't let these last two months deminish your accomplishments...You have lost 160 pds.!!! Wow!!! Congrats!...This weight loss journey is not a smooth road it has its ups and downs. Right now you are just going over several bumps but it is no reason not to stay on track. Keep on exercising and eating healthy and you will get through this. I am not on my second week of not seeing those numbers move so I understand what you are going through. My pattern has been that I lose for 1 or two weeks than I stall for a week or two and than I lose...you get the idea. I really felt like giving up but I decided to relook at what I am doing and try something new. Last week I committed to the C25K program in hopes of moving that scale and decreasing my carbs. Maybe you just need to shake things up a little. Try a different workout....One of my MFP pals posted this quote on his feed and it has helped me during these last two weeks. Hopefully, you will find some movitation in this quote....“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the B.S. story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” If you want, send me a FR. I would me more than glad to movitate you. Good luck with your journey...I have faith in you that you can do this and that you will get pass this dip.
  • babymine55
    Options
    Thank you! And you are right, I think I need to change things up a bit...I'm trying to figure out how to add more cardio into my workouts. Right now, I do three times a week cardio/strength. But, I think it's not enough cardio....the trick is figuring out how I accomplish this with 4 kids in tow (or just two when school starts).

FR on its way! Thank you for the encouragement. Sorry it took so long to respond...I wish there was a better notification system on MFP...I didn't know there was a new post. :/
  • skyeblue1313
    Options
    Babymine55, No girl you are definitley not the only one... I too have this problem (among others) For starters I HATE to weigh in, I will avoid it at all lengths... I know how do I know if I'm losing if I don't get on the scale? It has been my enemy for so long I can't see it as a "possible friend" so I don't weigh in... When I was 18yrs old I became pregnant with Twins! Yes Twins! I was a size 9, 5'9" Tall, and I weighed 142lbs... I have not seen that since (My boys are 21yrs old now) I have had a constant battle physical and mental with my weight... I really became an issue in 1995 when my boyfriend at the time (13yrs older than myself) wrote my weight on the calander! Yes for all to see and that is what started my dowhill struggle with food and weight... I fight it everyday and people who don't have this problem don't understand and they try to be supportive but don't really know how deep it goes unless they have been there... So girl no your not alone in this journey!!! Sorry if I was rambling I just wanted someone to know that they are not alone... Best of Luck to you and add me if you would like to... Have a great day!!! AND CONGRATS ON THE 160LBS LOST SO FAR KEEP IT UP YOU CAN DO THIS!!!