Do you ever have "fat" days???

Options
So is it just me or are there days where you feel like you are still heavy? I know I have them from time to time and I wish I could stop them! :laugh: (I was at 214 at 9 months pregnant with my last child. I don't really feel like THAT, but I just feel bigger than I know I am.) I am down to a size 6/7 and 147 lbs, 5'5.5 :tongue: (that 1/2 inch counts!) But today I feel like I am still a size 12 or 14. I know it's in my head, but does anybody know why this happens, or do any of you have those days, too? I love the days where I look in the mirror and can see the difference and feel GREAT about myself.

I know this was random but I just was wondering if anyone else ever has those days and if anyone has figured out how to turn those thoughts off. I am NOT fat anymore. I don't want to think of myself as such and it's just hard to break that mindset.

Hope you are all well and reach your goals. Blessings to all! :smile:

Jessica :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    oh yea! lol.. usually it happens if i ate something to greasy or during that TOM... i never really kept track of my "fat" days so idk if it happens randomly..but i know what you mean! and i hate those days to. gladly today isnt one for me =]
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I totally do...mostly around that TOM, :laugh:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    During my TOM I feel like that super fat girl that I was at 219. Actually, sometimes I feel bigger than I did at 219 (which is scary). Its not just you.

Though I'm still trying to break my mindset of being 'the fat girl'. Maybe after I lose another 10-20 pounds I won't have the fat girl mindset anymore. :laugh:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have those every day. I still see myself as the same person I was 45 lbs ago. I'm working on that, though. When someone posts a new pic of me on FB, I'll stare at it for a long time. I'm sure my DH thinks I'm crazy. I'm just not used to that face.
  • jenniferhouck
    Options
    I have lost 75 pounds (I have about 10 more to go). I am 5'1" and I started off at 200 pounds as a size 20, and now weigh 125 and wear a 2 or 4, depending on where I shop. However, everytime I look in the mirror, I see nothing but fat. The before and after pics are startling, however, I still feel self-conscious because I'm not a hardbody. I have that limp flabby belly that I try to tuck away and hid under flattering clothes. I have days where I feel stunning and am really proud of myself, and other days that I'd like to put my Forever 21 clothes away and go back to Hanes Her Way. It took about 5 years to put the weight on, and about 5 to take it off. But I just keep telling myself that it's for real, and I will have to be careful for the rest of my life not to yo-yo. So far, so good!
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    I have those every day. I still see myself as the same person I was 45 lbs ago. I'm working on that, though. When someone posts a new pic of me on FB, I'll stare at it for a long time. I'm sure my DH thinks I'm crazy. I'm just not used to that face.

Me too......I just don't see it. I look the same to me even though I wear a different size and am almost 40 lbs down.
  • rockgoddess
    Options
    I do everyday!

:wink:

294999.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Start weight: 208.0
    Current : 207.7
    Goal :160.0
    Height : 5'9"
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm having one today. I feel about 10 lb. heavier than I felt a few days ago. But it's also TOM so I'm probably retaining water.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    This was one of my biggest problems when I lost weight before. I started at 254, and over about 3 years got down to 174. I don't think my brain ever really caught up though. I could see that I was thinner, but in my mind, I was still fat. When I would fold my laundry, it was surprising to me how small the clothes looked.

Eventually I stopped exercising and eating right because I felt like I just didn't have enough time to do it, and now I'm back at at 229.5 (as of this morning). So, this time around, I'm only doing things that work with my life. I still eat normal foods that I like to eat, but in smaller portions. I make an effort to do the most of the work of being healthy at the grocery store and just choose better foods to bring home. I get in exercise when I can, but I'm not stressed out about how many times per week I work out or how many calories I burn.

This time I'm trying to take care of that mental part too. Instead of getting caught up in the dieting and exercising, I'm appreciating the small things like not getting out of breath so easily, not feeling crappy and shaky because my blood sugar is messed up, not feeling like I need a nap after I eat, and appreciating when my clothes feel loose or I notice differences in the mirror. I'm hoping these little steps will help me have less fat days in the future for my body and my head.

-Alison
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    I'm having one today :/
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Those days suck. :ohwell:
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So is it just me or are there days where you feel like you are still heavy? I know I have them from time to time and I wish I could stop them! :laugh: (I was at 214 at 9 months pregnant with my last child. I don't really feel like THAT, but I just feel bigger than I know I am.) I am down to a size 6/7 and 147 lbs, 5'5.5 :tongue: (that 1/2 inch counts!) But today I feel like I am still a size 12 or 14. I know it's in my head, but does anybody know why this happens, or do any of you have those days, too? I love the days where I look in the mirror and can see the difference and feel GREAT about myself.

I know this was random but I just was wondering if anyone else ever has those days and if anyone has figured out how to turn those thoughts off. I am NOT fat anymore. I don't want to think of myself as such and it's just hard to break that mindset.

WoW, You are the same height as me Im a little shocked that at 147 you are in a size 6/7 for some reason I was expecting a size 10 :happy: That is so encouraging :drinker: Time to hit the gym :laugh:
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options

WoW, You are the same height as me Im a little shocked that at 147 you are in a size 6/7 for some reason I was expecting a size 10 :happy: That is so encouraging :drinker: Time to hit the gym :laugh:

Yes and my size 7's I just bought 3 weeks ago have an inch or so to spare!!! :happy:

Have fun at the gym, I'm working out now, too! :laugh:

Jessica
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    Yeah I usually have fat days during my TOM