left over chicken recipes?

Options
tracym22
tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
Hi, I cooked a huge chicken in my slow cooker, which we had with a roast yesterday. I now have loads left! I shall probably make a curry tonight but what about the rest! Any ideas!

Replies

• MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Have you got any leftover veg from yesterday?

If so, you could make some bubble and squeak. It can be as calorific as you like it- I personally make mine with just vegetables plus a bit of leftover meat, but you could add a spot of fried bacon/gravy/use mashed potatoes etc.

Mash your carrots/potatos/sweet potato/swede/parsnips (I use carrot mash normally) down to begin with and then add to the pan a small drizzle of oil plus a 1/4 of an onion. Fry the onion until it's soft and then add in your mash plus extra veg (so, cabbage, peas, broccoli, coli etc) and make sure it's all mixed up together. Season to taste - the other half likes chilli flakes in his - then fry it until you're sure it's completely reheated and it's slightly brown around the edges.

I normally serve this alongside a bit of leftover chicken, but I have thrown the chicken in before (which was yummy- but had the consistency of baby food, so beware). I have also thrown in a small spot of gravy whilst it's frying and this turned out in a wetter, but delicious mix.

Bar that, there's always chicken stir vegetable stir fry, chicken and noodle soup, chicken salad etc or you could even try making a chicken pie (minus the pastry if you wanted it to be healthier). I like topping my pot pies with roasted carrots.
  • tracym22
    Options
    I've never thought of adding it to bubble and squeak and i love the pot pie idea! Thanks very much :happy:
  • AnaissIsabel
    Options
    Deseber the Chicken, Make Chicken and Peppers( Bell Peppers Red & Green) add some tomato,chopped onions, a little bit of chicken broth and
    there you go.. healthy ready to eat chicken...
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I always make chicken fajita pittas. Just pan fry onions, peppers, mushrooms and chicken with one cal and a sachet of Discovery fajita mix (that's relatively low sugar content) with a squeeze of BBQ sauce (optional) then serve in WeightWatchers Pitta breads with iceberg lettuce, tomato salsa and refried beans.

Super quick and easy and V filling.
  • tracym22
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! :happy: