What is a healthy weight for a 8/9 year boy?

Options
Now I know we're all different i.e. height, weight, build etc...... but I was just wondering if any of you people out there know what the healthy weight is for 8/9 year old boys? Any input would be much appreciated, thanks. :smile:

Replies

• CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Depends on their height..
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I am never ever comfortable with weighing children. You can visibly see if they're a bit chunky. I have a 9 year old, I don't know what his weight is, but there is no fat on him. My 7 year old is stockier, but he was born large and has a big frame. But neither of them are overweight. The only time they gain weight is before a growth spurt.
    Sorry, I know this hasn't helped. But I believe introducing scales at such a young age can set a child up for diet related problems for life. If a parent has a concern then the best way to deal with it is change what the child is eating, and get the child outside to play
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Whatever weight they are after being fed properly and playing out for 2-3 hours a day.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you have concerns about your child- your doctor is a much better bet than random strangers on the internet!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Now I know we're all different i.e. height, weight, build etc...... but I was just wondering if any of you people out there know what the healthy weight is for 8/9 year old boys? Any input would be much appreciated, thanks. :smile:

That should be directed to his Pediatrician
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If you have concerns about your child- your doctor is a much better bet than random strangers on the internet!

Absolutely^^

Should talk with the pediatrician about that issue.