Choose my dinner!

Options
DeTaart
DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
Going here tonight:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/pdf/menu/JI_Menu_Threadneedle.pdf

Love seafood, but would like to avoid anything too carby 'cause I won't be able to stop myself polishing off a whole plate and restaurant pasta portions are ridiculous.
Ideas? Salmon salad is just so boring...

Replies

• EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Oh my god it all sounds so good!! I would just get what you want and not worry. One night off isnt going to ruin all your good work and it's not every day you go to Jamie Oliver's restaurant xx
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Screw it. Enjoy whatever you like and just make up for it later.
    It'll be worth it!
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I agree, one night off wouldn't hurt. The Seafood Plank looks so gorgeous and the Risotto. Have fun!!
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    omg I would murder the pork belly.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    If you get a to go box at the beginning of the meal and half the dinner, have the rest for lunch the next day, u get to enjoy what ever you want twice with out feeling guilty ;) If u feel that's inappropriate or unfathomable I'd say two options, eat lite for less of an overage or workout hard core the day of, and enjoy your night out as long as it's a treat and not an every day thing, it's not going to ruin your efforts. : )

Edt- tablet has mind of its own at times
  • DeTaart
    Options
    Thanks guys. Boxing up to go not really an option - it's a client/work thing, little inappropirate.

One night off would be fine...but I eat out at work events once or twice a week and I like to save my treat meals for when I'm out actually enjoying myself!
  • GuineaMother
    GuineaMother Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Honestly- I just wouldn't. Last time I went to a Jamie's (Islington) it was really awful. All our food was so salty hardly any of us in our party could eat it. Hope it's better for you tonight!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Ive eaten there and it was ok, a bit salty. And the portions are tiny (despite it being quite expensive) so it won't be a pig out meal.
  • DeTaart
    Options
    Update: shared the seafood plank and just ate the cured salmon (really nice), and the sirloin for main with asparagus on side. Steak was fine though nothing remarkable. I ate 3/4 of it and felt pretty full.
    Just as a warning to others, I chatted with the waiter about various pasta dishes and they all have a lot of butter and a lot of cream. That's why they're DELICIOUS.