PORK LOIN? NOW WHAT?

Options
MissKim
MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
So I bought a pork loin because I heard it was a healthy meat and I'm soooo sick of ground turkey and chicken. I laid it out to defrost today, now what? Any easy recipe ideas?

Replies

• TCEast1234
    Options
    Marinate in either low fat italian dressing or a dressing of choice, and grill on the grill. We grill all year long. If you throw raw veges in grill basket, onions, gr peppers, cherry tomatoes and chuck pineapple. it is a sweet treat. and low cal/fat
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    We just put it in a crockpot while we're at work, shred it and have sandwiches.

Sometime's I make a bbq sauce with it (1 can coke, 1 c ketchup, 1 packet onion soup mix - not healthy, but not horrible).
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You can use it like any other lean meat. Grill, sautee, cube & quick sear, roast.

Careful with that stuff. It's super-super lean and can get dry really easily - don't overcook.
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I cook my meats is the oven at 375 degrees. Pork loins for about 30-40 min depending whether it is frozen or not. Sometimes I just salt and pepper. Sometimes I add teriyaki or some sweet and sour.:flowerforyou: :smile: :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:

good luck and enjoy
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    we found this recipe in biggest looser cookbook, put in the crockpot, with some oj (just a little) , some liquid smoke, white vinegar and some spices and let it cook all day, it just falls a part.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh the possibilities. We usually marinate it (for a few days) or put a dry rub on it and throw it on the grill. It is such a versitile meat; you can do anything with it. One of the best recipes that I have tried was a pork tenderloin with blackberry sauce (I used low-sugar preserves) and horseradish mashed potatoes. You can find the recipe @ Publix.com and go to the link for "apron's" up at the top right corner of the screen. They have a bunch of recipes and all include the nutritional value per serving.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    If I had a pork loin...I would put my favorite dry rub on it. Put it in my smoker with hickory wood for 2.5 hours. Then put it in the fridge and let it sit overnight.

Then before serving I would mix rasberry jelly and tabasco suace and paste it on the pork loin. Then broil for five minutes, and serve!:smile: