cross training shoe recommendation

Options
mmk137
mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
I love running, and I use my ascis kayano's specifically for running. (I own 2 pairs, that i rotate).

On the days I don't run, I cross train. P90x, insanity, turbofire, so lots of lateral movement.

I currently own nike free 2 which I love, but I've had them over a year now, and I'm really feeling that they are not giving me the support that I need.

So shoot me your recommendations.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the nike trainer's, but I haven't tired them on yet.

oh and i'm not brand specific

Replies

• TheBobster62
    Options
    Don't fall for the manufacturers marketing hype find a pair that feels comfortable and support you.

See this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18863293
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I use Nike Free Training Shoe(not the Free Runs) and they are great.
  • mmk137
    Options
    Don't fall for the manufacturers marketing hype find a pair that feels comfortable and support you.

See this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18863293

cool, thanks for the link, off to go read.

plan on going to the local sports store in the morning, and trying on some shoes, and then again on the weekend.
  • mmk137
    Options
    well tired some on today, a nike shoe, i can't remember the name but it wasn't the training shoe, and a puma one. I didn't like either.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a good cross trainer, too. A few months ago shape magazine recommended reebok real flex transition with the runner up as Puma pumagility. Both about $90. I went to try them on this weekend but didn't find them in the store I went to. I will try again, though. Good luck.
  • mmk137
    Options
    i can find them cheaper online, but I want to try them on at a store, so I plan on going to footlocker, rebel sport and the athlete's foot when I'm in the city, and try on loads of shoe and then go get them online.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I recently tried on MANY that were labeled as cross trainers and didn't like them because my foot feels like it's sliding during lateral moves. I didn't remember having that problem with my previous shoes, so after looking at them and having to think about it for a while, I decided that my foot does not stay in place well when I'm wearing shoes that have any of the "mesh" type of material. There is too much give from that material.

I got some that are all leather and my feet stay in place during lateral moves.

I bought Skechers Sport Premium because they fit my narrow feet well.