can i lose a few pounds by friday?

Options
hello

just wondering if anyone got any tips on how to drop a few pounds by friday haha!

going on my hols and not at the weight i wanted to be! just wanna lose a few pounds or reduce my bloated stomach, any quick fixes? :-)

thanks in advance!

Replies

• MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Oh boy.
  • ShaunaLouiseGetsFit
    Options
    ........really?
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I know a few people who cut right back on pasta and bread and see a loss in tummy bloating. But personally, I think your best bet is just to find some clothes you feel really confident in and just not worry
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Eat very clean between now and then and drink lots of water. It may reduce the bloated stomach but very doubtful you will loose anything significant that will show in your body shape in that time period.
  • nmalek1025
    Options
    I would say drink a lot of water, eat veggies and protein ONLY. No dairy, bread, fruits. IT is restrictive but this will give you a lot of fiber and help the bloat go down. Also, it should help you lose a few pounds before the weekend. If you want to lose about 2-4 pounds before you vacation-have 1,000 calorie deficit in your plan (this will be about 5,000 calories deficit by friday. Workout and burn 500 calories until Friday and that will burn 2500 calories so that is about a 7500 calorie deficit in 5 days that should help you lose 4 pounds. Let me know how it goes! 3500 calories deficit=2 pounds lost
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Eat very clean between now and then and drink lots of water. It may reduce the bloated stomach but very doubtful you will loose anything significant that will show in your body shape in that time period.

I'd say this is your only option as you have left it a bit late! :tongue:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Heck, I can lose 5 pounds in about an hour by going for a 6 mile run.

But it won't last and won't make a difference how you look in a bathing suit.

Buy something cute and flattering and enjoy your holiday.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Go low carb for two days-around 50 g or less. It may be only water weight that you shed but it may help your mindset and any bloating.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Chop of a limb.. That will take care of some un-wanted weight.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Resisting the temptation to be mean... I'll just say no
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would echo what others are saying.

Anything you manage to lose between now and Friday would mainly be water loss and if you do manage to get anything off in that time, unless you are willing to keep up whatever you do whilst on holiday then it will come right back.

Don't worry about it, enjoy your holiday and then set yourself a realistic goal when you get back.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    There are no quick fixes. You did not gain it in one week and you can't lose it in one.
    If you are bloated, then reduce the foods that are known to cause bloat, reduce sodium intake so you do not retain water, and drink half your weight in ounces of water each day.
    If you are serious about getting healthy, start now, but don't expect big changes in five days!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Heck, I can lose 5 pounds in about an hour by going for a 6 mile run.

But it won't last and won't make a difference how you look in a bathing suit.

Buy something cute and flattering and enjoy your holiday.

/Thread
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Preplan?

Buy the cloths you are comfortable in, not the ones you want to be comfortable in and then plan in advance next time.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Sigh.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    cut off a foot
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    stop eating
  • quamira_c
    Options
    well to get rid of 1lb of fat you need to burn 3500 calories.....sooooooo i pretty much doubt it...
  • softsculptor
    Options
    No, you can safely lose .5 pounds of fat by reducing your calorie intake to 1,200 and exercising hard everyday. I am currently on a 1,200 calorie a day net regime and I am losing about 1 lb a week. .5 pounds may not seem like a lot - but trust me, you can feel it :)

If you are a woman and are bloated from water weight ( a la PMS), there are diuretic "water" pills you can take...but these pills are dangerous and i don't recommend them. I've used them a few times and my heart rate went up to the point where I was feeling jittery and unwell. The safest things you can do for water weight would be to reduce your salt intake and increase your water consumption.
  • claire_90
    Options
    Honestly?

Yup you can probably lose up to 5lbs by Friday... but you will probably put them back on by the following Monday