Slim4Life - Slimgenics

Options
Has anyone tried either of these programs? They are the same program, but called different names in various parts of the country.

A friend of mine lost 45 lbs. in four months doing Slim4Life and I wanted to see if anyone had results such as hers.

If anyone has tried them, how expensive was it and what should someone be aware of before considering?

Thanks!

Replies

• Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing this and am having great success. Yes, there are pills involved, but most people only take a vitamin and an Omega complex. The other things they want you to take (but don't force you to take) are a carb blocker and herbs that are supposed to rev up your metabolism. I like the fact that you meet with a counselor several times a week are are held accountable for what you eat. I think the program cost me $700 (it varies with amount of weight you want to lose), but the big expense comes from the high protein snacks (2 per day) that they want you to buy from them at $17 for a box of 7. If you choose to do this program, do not buy snacks from the center - you can buy them from other sources on-line for around $10 per box. Also, once your initial vitamins and Omega complex are gone, you can buy from somewhere like GNC for a fraction of what the center charges.
  • chefstef612
    chefstef612 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Tim. I am just starting the program & was wondering if you could share a couple of your sources for discounts on the snacks. I'm buying my first 20 boxes from the center for $12.75 ea...seemed like a fairly reasonable way to try a bunch of things. but once i decide what I like & want more of it would be great to know where to save some $$$.
  • chefstef612
    chefstef612 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just signed up this week. My program cost $758 (but I have over 100 lbs to lose, which is a factor). This includes everything except the required 2 boxes of snacks per week. I do not plan on buying their supplements after the initial 4-week period (included in the cost above), and will only be taking a multivitamin & maybe an omega supplement after that time. I have a coworker who is on week 4 of the program and is already down 14 lbs. he looks great! I'm really excited to get going.
  • Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I heven't been keeping up on this board! Two great sources for lower cost snacks are http://www.familybariatric.com/store/ - they generally have the lowest price, and http://www.dietdirect.com/wonderslim-weight-loss-products-82.html, who offers free shipping.
  • dltracy
    dltracy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't know if anybody is still checking in here, but I joined slimgenics in June 2009. Have lost 74 pounds; 58 to goal. I also quit taking the pills except for the efa. Take my own vitamin. I do drink the thermoboost, but buy all my supplements from mydietshopz.com for roughly 9.95 a box (free shipping with $70 purchase).

Diana
  • carblover1984
    carblover1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started the Slimgenics Home Program and was lucky enough to have my Mom as a knowledge base for the program as she did the typical center approach a couple years ago. A cheaper site to find the Thermo snacks is: www.nashuanutrition.com called the Weight Loss foods. Cheaper cost all around!
  • Sevendandra
    Options
    Hi I am doing Slim4Life, wondering if the WonderSlim snacks and supplements are interchangeable? I guess that is what was asked here but as I do side by side comparisons of nutrition panels they are not exactly the same from what I can see. Any advice on specific products to replace my Slim4Life products to save money? Thanks!
  • kenjah
    kenjah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im trying to figure that out too. Im wrapping up week one, and im down 6.4 lbs. I think theres a site online to get them cheaper. If i find any i will let you know.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    17201d1258434900-necropost-warning-necrokitten.jpg
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Wowwww. 4 1/2 years old! That is really impressive!!!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Beware of any product with the word slim in it....
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    17201d1258434900-necropost-warning-necrokitten.jpg

Awww...poor key-key...