Replies

• BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    In a shaker!
  • ppatricia81
    ppatricia81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i use my protein shake as a meal replacement, a scoop, i add low fat milk, a banana and ice, and put it on a blender.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I just had a shake tonight for dinner as i was too lazy to cook LOL:

1/2 c. almond milk
    1/2 c. water
    1c. cottage cheese
    1 tablespoon flax meal
    2 scoops Optimum Nutrition whey protein
    1 teaspoon Jello FF/SF cheesecake flavor pudding mix
    dash o' cinnamon

I also use the protein powder for Protein Pancakes:

1/8 c. almond milk
    1/3 c. cottage cheese
    1 scoop whey protein
    2 egg whites
    1/3 c. uncooked quick cooking oats
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    dash o' stevia (or other sweetener)

blend in the blender and pour on a hot griddle just like regular pancakes. I use some low cal syrup and sometimes have a couple slices turkey bacon with them.

Btw, I use one of those small 2 cup sized blenders....it's a Hamilton Beach. I bought it from Walmart over 5 years ago. It was $13. Makes it easier to make shakes and i drink them right from the container
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why so many of you use almond milk rather than regular milk to make smoothies or in a shaker bottle?

www.dashingdish.com has a lot of protein recipes (shakes, bars, muffins, and so on).
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk because it has 35 calories per cup vs 100 in a cup of 1%

Here is my post-workout shake recipe :)

1 Frozen Banana
    1-2 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 cup unsweetened Almond milk
    1 sugar free jello pudding cup
    *sometimes I add 1-2 TBS of peanut butter if I need extra cals/protein

I blend it all in my Ninja until smooth...it makes a a very large shake..it's so YUMMMMY! The frozen banana makes it taste like a milk shake! and if I don't add the PB and only use one scoop it's only 344 cals :D a small shake from Sonic is over 700!
  • ChiFortunate1
    ChiFortunate1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Lean French Vanilla powder. I use water only. 25g Protein, 200 calories, 3g fat, 8g fiber 17g Carbs.
    This morning I put in 1/2 frozen banana, 5 frozen whole unsweetened strawberries, 1.5 cups water, teaspoon raw honey. Blended it all together, then when it was smooth I added the 2 scoops of protein powder and put it on High/Liquefy for like 30 seconds... don't like it super frothy. It was DELISH!!!!!

Every now and then I mix just with water and ice in the blender, for a vanilla shake.
    Other times I will throw in a tablespoon of Nestle's Quick chocolate powder for a chocolate shake.

I found some YouTube videos of fitness model Jamie Eason in the kitchen using protein powder in recipes.
    This is one for a cinnamon swirl bread protein one (I haven't tried it yet but it looks good)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBnFiIgZ44&list=FLtgm_Tw9_2uxTFQVo8v0ILg&index=2&feature=plpp_video

21371726.png
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    make sludge out of it... put a little water or milk in it and stir it until its peanutbutter or pudding consistancy then eat it with a spoon.
  • englishrose63
    englishrose63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use muscle milk light. Mix it with water and berries in a blender. great after workout. if i am in a hurry, I use EAS ready made ones. The low carb variety. Dark chocolate is my favorite.:wink:
  • cricket754
    cricket754 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 scoop of natural peanut butter
    1 frozen banana
    handful of ice
    8oz water

Put all in blender! Delish!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    i use iso sensation in brazil cafe I think its called, in milk tastes just like an ice cap...sooo good, or i put a scoop in my yogurt when I'm at work and don't have any milk.. sometimes I'll make protein balls or cookies too.
  • ameliasnelling
    Options
    I mix mine with skim milk. Chocolate milk!! My kids love it too.
  • Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 scoop of natural peanut butter
    1 frozen banana
    handful of ice
    8oz water

Put all in blender! Delish!
  • Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    The chocolate with the peanut butter is wonderful. However, to cut calories and fat I use PB2 . I also use the chocolate Shakeology.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Before/after workout with water in BlenderBottle.

(Casein) before bed with water in BlenderBottle.

I used to use almond milk instead of water for taste.

DITTO. I STILL USE THE ALMOND MILK AND THE BLENDER BOTTLE IS AWESOME.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I mix mine in a blender bottle with chia seeds.
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    Hi, I love my protein shakes - and want to include spinach.. do you guys use fresh spinach or do you make a bag of the frozen...

I love spinach.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with milk..whatever kind i have in the frig. I usually buy the optimum nutrition -vanilla ice cream flavor...pour milk into a shaker bottle then powder into milk add a little more milk and shake or put in blender. just make sure you put a little milk in first before the powder if you dont it will be very clumpy..harder to mix.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I use plain whey protein powder. Post workouts it is usually in smoothies with a couple handful of whatever frozen fruit I have on hand with a bit of water, blended in a Bullet. In the case of hurrry out the door breakfast replacement I'll drink it straight with a couple of ounces of water, stirred up with a fork. It tastes pretty awful that way, but it will do in a pinch.
  • justfungrandma
    justfungrandma Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just add a scoop to half of a bottle of well chilled water. Shake it really really really good and drink it! I use a small funnel to get it into the water bottle. The key to making it smooth is shaking!