Spinning Tips...

Options
I have never done a spin/cycle class before, but I am interested in doing one. I have pretty good cardio, but not sure what I am in for with a spin class. Can anyone recommend me some tips? The ones at LA Fitness last about 45 minutes and I hope I can last.

Thanks.

Replies

• cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    The only tip I can give is to bring a towel and a lot of water =) Spinning is a great exercise and definitely worth the workout! And the good thing with this class is that you can set your own resistance if what the instructor is doing is too challenging.
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did a Spinning class today. I try and do them twice a week. Its a great calorie burn (for me between 500-600 cals). You can go at your own pace. Once you have settled into a couple of Spin classes, try and push yourself a bit further. The class incorporates hill climbs and sprinting as well as motivating music (loud and pumpy). If you like to be pushed and sweat A LOT...then you will become addicted. Make sure you eat those cals back and drink plenty of water as you may find yourself a bit depleted :)
  • misswager
    misswager Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I did my first spin class today & I loved it! It was VERY hard work. I will definitely go back!
    Not sure how many calories I burned? Wish I had a fancy heart monitor to tell me lol
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anyone can do a spin class, as you can control how much you push yourself and how much resistance you want to use. A 45 minute class sounds like a good place to start. First few classes are usually about getting the settings right, and finding the right settings for you. After a while you learn when you can push harder, and when to take it easy.