Healthy food obsession

Options
Our current health food obsession is Poblano peppers. Yum. We've started replacing bell peppers with them in so many things we cook...fajitas, crockpot chicken, putting them on sandwiches instead of lettuce. They are seriously awesome (and we like spicy food but tip for those who don't: remove all pith and seeds and it barely even has a kick.)

So, what is the current health food that you are obsessed with? I'd like to broaden my horizons a bit more...

Replies

• Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    butternut squash! I had never eaten it before yesterday. It fits in to my competition diet plan, so I figured why not when I bought it. I baked it in cubes until it was completely soft, then pureed it, and put some cinnamon on top! Low calorie, low carb, but high fiber. Super delicious! Glad I have it in my lunch today!
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    butternut squash! I had never eaten it before yesterday. It fits in to my competition diet plan, so I figured why not when I bought it. I baked it in cubes until it was completely soft, then pureed it, and put some cinnamon on top! Low calorie, low carb, but high fiber. Super delicious! Glad I have it in my lunch today!

It is pretty delicious. I make a mean butternut squash and bacon risotto, but I don't know how that would fit into your competition plan!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    CHERRIES! I love when they are in season!
  • wildcata77
    Options
    CHERRIES! I love when they are in season!

Yes...and they are CHEAP this year. I've been eating a lot of cherries lately.
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Baby tomatoes.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Baby tomatoes.

This is nothing new for me...that's what I had for a morning snack. It was FAB.