Exercise ideas while on "vacation?"

Options
Okay so I am going to be away all week to do some dogsitting! Wohoo! The only issue is that I usually go up to the track which is conveniently located a mile from my house and use that to go for a jog - however here there is no track. I really don't want to not do an exercise because then I will feel like I have accomplished nothing and I will probably put on a little bit my my weight that I have worked pretty hard to lose. So if you have any ideas for at home exercises I could do that would be wonderful! Worst thing I'd have to do is use the block as my track however I would like to avoid that because there is quite a few hills and a main route on one of the sides of it and I don't feel like getting hit by a car (there are no sidewalks in this part of this town.) Thanks! -Eric.

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    How about going for a walk/jog with the dog? My dog pushes me more than I could ever push myself. When I slow down, he looks back at me with a look that says, "C'mon! I'm not done yet so neither are you!"
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You know that's not a bad idea but she has THREE of these dogs and the one is lazy and would take two hours to walk around the block (it's about a mile) and then Snoopy would get scared and lay down and then Bella would just bark at everything she saw, so in the end it's not really worth it to take them out... they are an interesting group of animals.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to go to a track? Why can't you just run/walk/jog where ever? Tabata is a great hiit workout too.
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    get a work out dvd to take with you and quit making excuses not to work out, if you really want to you will find a way!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Turn on the radio and dance your heart out! If there is a wii or other gaming console do any wii sport or dance games they have. Do you have the internet? If so go to http://thetumblrgym.com/ and do some excerises from this site or youtube it for excerises. Run in place and then 25 jumping jacks and repeat. Make up things such as this, you will be fine. Good luck!
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Walk/run those hills! Make up your own workout with lunges/squats/pushups, ect and set a timer to do them until it goes off. I have done that before at home just to change it up and it was actually fun making up my own workout!
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Walk/run those hills! Make up your own workout with lunges/squats/pushups, ect and set a timer to do them until it goes off. I have done that before at home just to change it up and it was actually fun making up my own workout!

^ this^
    I found some 'home' workouts that need only body weight on the Nerd Fitness website that looked good. Let me know if you can't find them with a Google search and I'll see if I saved them.
    I took some resistance bands away with me, not cardio, but a good workout.
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Calisthetic and plyometric exercises are good choices
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The dogs are going to need SOME exercising, surely?
  • ericcanute
    Options
    The dogs are going to need SOME exercising, surely?
    No, hahaha, you don't understand how spoiled these dogs are. They stay inside and do nothing all day.
  • ericcanute
    Options
    I think I am going to try the block though. Despite that I will probably get tired out the first lap and the neighbor kids will get in my way with all their bikes and what not. :p
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You know that's not a bad idea but she has THREE of these dogs and the one is lazy and would take two hours to walk around the block (it's about a mile) and then Snoopy would get scared and lay down and then Bella would just bark at everything she saw, so in the end it's not really worth it to take them out... they are an interesting group of animals.

Sounds like at least two of those dogs would not be good for a running partner. But the barker would probably be a good partner to run with -- run some energy out, less barking.
  • ericcanute
    Options

Sounds like at least two of those dogs would not be good for a running partner. But the barker would probably be a good partner to run with -- run some energy out, less barking.
    It would be quite interesting to run around the block with her - barking at everyone and everything she sees. I might though just to get her out of the house.