I LOVE milk.. BUT...

Options
It has SO much sugar in it.. average of 12g for each 8oz's you drink :( I have a glass every morning with my dan active immunity shots.. which adds another 12-14g.. So.. my question is.. IS there a milk that doesn't taste like puke and has less sugar??

(I drink the muscle milk after work outs.. )

Replies

• Timothy2000
    Options
    You can try soy milk or almond milk, I have never tried almond milk, but I love soy milk.
  • plumppeach28
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    almond milk tastes great but has NO protein
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Stop please. Milk is one of the basic fuels for a mammal. Drink it. The sugar in it is natural sugar. It won't kill you. Don't look to far into these things. Cut refined sugars out as much as you can, but something like milk, let it go.
  • plumppeach28
    Options
    Well... I can make up for the protein other ways.. It's just the thought of giving up milk. I've always been a big milk drinker but I only have one 8oz glass a day.. I drink water all day.. and have a glass of tea at night. So it's either Tea or Milk?! Guess it's gonna be tea that I give up!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    like nitz said DRINK THE MILK :noway:

LOL one glass a day is good for you, especially as a woman. and like he said its a natural sugar so it's good for you, concentrate on cutting out the refined ones, milk and fruit sugars not the bad guys (unless you're going overboard -- don't go drinking 8 cups of milk and a bag of apples a day!)

:drinker: milk, does a body good:wink:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options

I see your new nickname is really catching on, huh Nitz? :laugh:
  • chgudnitz
    Options

It looks that way :laugh: I think I should probably just change it...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Stop please. Milk is one of the basic fuels for a mammal.

I personally love milk (and most any other dairy product), but the fact check here is that most (and some would argue that all) adult mammals are actually lactose intolerant.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    haha!

I've never liked milk, and now it makes me sick lol. I've always wondered though, if I somehow made myself lactose intolerant, by not drinking it when I was younger.
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    Stop please. Milk is one of the basic fuels for a mammal.

I personally love milk (and most any other dairy product), but the fact check here is that most (and some would argue that all) adult mammals are actually lactose intolerant.
    Most, if not all, people are intolerant to most everything we eat. Our bodies adjust to what we eat most, but we aren't made to consume most of what we do.

There is only 1 product that nature provides mammals when nothing else is available. Mothers don't produce soy milk or almond milk or lactaid, its milk. That's what I was getting at. And since the question was about the sugars in it and not the intolerance to it, I did not take that angle.
  • kgehling
    kgehling Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try 'Calorie Countdown' milk. They lowered the calories and sugar.
  • closet0modern
    Options
    Human mothers do not produce cow milk either. Cow milk and human milk are different. It is still great for the body and I would definately suggest drinking it!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I could drink milk by the gallon. :smile: It was the one thing I craved while PG with my daughter - I'd finish off a gallon in a couple of hours while at work. ... the girls thought I was nuts. :noway:
  • plumppeach28
    Options
    Ya'll are awesome!!! Some much input and I just signed up!! Thank you :)~
  • Magenta15
    Options

:ohwell: bad? sorry lol didn't know it was a new or old or otherwise nickname lol i was just too lazy to correct spell out the full name :noway: :blushing:

lol thought i was being a good girl agreeing with you and now yall go and pick on me!:tongue:
  • chgudnitz
    Options

:ohwell: bad? sorry lol didn't know it was a new or old or otherwise nickname lol i was just too lazy to correct spell out the full name :noway: :blushing:

lol thought i was being a good girl agreeing with you and now yall go and pick on me!:tongue:
    :laugh: No, its just that Nitz has seemingly caught on a lot recently...

Totally good... no teasing :tongue:
  • katejones79
    katejones79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just to add my 2 cents.. I say drink the milk if your body is OK with it and you are still loosing. BUT if you need a non dairy alternative then go for Almond milk (this is what a drink and i love it) or Rice milk. My trainer said to stay away from SOY milk, it had extra hormones and can actually make you gain weight.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    it's just easier :tongue: deal with it:laugh: (_!_) <---- yes you just got mooned :noway: :bigsmile:

• chgudnitz
    Options
    it's just easier :tongue: deal with it:laugh: (_!_) <---- yes you just got mooned :noway: :bigsmile:

I got mooned... NICE!!! I like the name Nitz, it was my real nick name in HS...