Relative newbie

Options
I am male and about 5 ft 10 or so and started MFP i guess 2-3 weeks ago and weighed in about 212 lb or so.. wanted to lose 10-15 lbs and get more fit

This is new for me, as i always had a fast metabolism and kept hearing. at 25 it will catch up with you.. at 30 it will catch up with you
and I laughed.. I remember at a real young age having to drink milk shakes at night to try to put lbs on

well the catching up has finally happened and the joke is on me i guess. about 2-3 weeks ago i just really didnt like the way i looked in profile without my shirt on

last few yrs i had gotten real sedentary and had drinken a lot of soda.. that was my big weakness as opposed to cupcakes or other sweets

Ive really tried to cut back on them and have been soda free for like 8days but there is some still in my house and i have no illusions that i will be able to cut it out completely but want to see how long i can go cold turkey.. Drinking the amount of water i have been drinking the last 3 weeks or so is really new to me to

been walking pretty regularly and swimming a bit but dont really know much about strength training so i have just taken random stabs at things like six inch leg lifts and squats and stuff

didnt want to be an imposition (i know this is a long first post) but just wanted some tips (ill open my diary to members for a bit at least)

just so much to learn when youve never had this situation before (considering excerise ball maybe? and maybe a protein drink)

thanks

Replies

• densta1968
    Options
    Hang in there, you'll do great! I'm no expert but protein and veggies would probably be a good start for you. I'm sure you'll find what's best for you. Stay positive and good luck!
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump

New to community board posting , was a little bit nervous about doing this ..

what is the advantage of "friending" someone on here?

then you make your diary friends only and they send you encouragement how?

private messages or posting on your profile page/?

sorry if these questions are dumb