Good Morning! New life..new motivation..:)

Options
Good morning! My name is Brenda..otherwise known as Nana Beana. I am 52 years old and have been heavy (obese) all of my adult life. Iv been a single mom the last 12 years after losing my husband to a heart attack when he was 42. (I was 39) I have 4 children (all grown) and 4 grandchildren. As of Saturday I now have 2 daughter in-laws and 1 son in-law. Saturday my youngest son was married. I have one child left to be married and I want to be comfortable in my own skin before that happens. (He hasn't found his special someone yet..so I have time) The past 1 1/2 years have been the hardest in my life (due to losing my mom and almost losing our home due to financial struggles) Life has been very very dark...but things are turning around. :smile: This coming September 1st I am getting married. I know I wont lose all the weight I need to by then but even the few pounds possible by then would make a huge difference. Im looking for support throughout this journey and maybe make a few new friends! Advice welcome..

Hugs, Nana :flowerforyou:

Replies

• goodcoffy
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group! YOU will reach your goals!
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You are at the right place! Lot of friends and motivation here. Good luck with all your goals, you can achieve them all! Welcome!
  • Bmm1978
    Bmm1978 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello!!!!! I am so proud of you!! I can tell you are VERY strong and that you are warrior and you will accomplish all that you set out to do.
    Congratulations =)
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yay for weddings!
    :bigsmile:
    Good luck on your new journey, and feel free to add me as a friend if you want :flowerforyou:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, and best wishes! Congrats on the soon to come wedding :flowerforyou:
  • mumsybear1957
    mumsybear1957 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a fantastic program with all the tools to make it easier to track food (most important thing to do when trying to lose weight... record everything!), exercise and get support during the process. My motto is to take it one day @ a time, one meal @ a time. Good luck!
  • myrvin
    myrvin Posts: 9
    Options
    Your story is very inspiring Nana. Keep doing what you're doing and you will be successful - look at what you have achieved so far. I am also starting a new life today and would love any advice and your friendship! Thanks for posting - here's to new beginnings. Cheers! *clinking water bottles* ;)