Feeling Proud! (NSV)

Options
So, for the entire summer I've been in a battle with the scale and have succeeded in losing and gaining the same 10 pounds over these past three months. Needless to say, this has been a bit discouraging. So, I'm focusing on more important things.

Today, while running on the treadmill, I took my heartrate after each 5 minute run. My heartrate never went over 165!! This is huge. When I first started running, my heartrate after 90 seconds would be 175-185. My heart is getting stronger! :D

It's the small victories that keep us going, right? For me, though, this feels huge. I'm succeeding at becoming a healthier me, regardless of my size!

Replies

• tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    way to go!! Keep up the good work and stay encouraged..
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Keep up the great work.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Best NSV ever.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Congrats!
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Getting healthier is always the best! Love your profile pic. that is awesome!
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :) My 6 year old photo bombed me, lol.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Being Healthy is a great feeling, WTG!
  • Lora1279
    Lora1279 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! :) That's awesome!
  • zumbatastic
    Options
    Great job! Its steps like those that make our journeys AWESOME!! Keep up the great work. :-)
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Great job! I too find it pretty awesome seeing how much harder I have to work to get my heartrate up!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!!!

I totally understand why you're feeling proud! I've been trying to focus on my heart health/cardio endurance etc as well.
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!