Older moms with young kids

Options
DMH1963
DMH1963 Posts: 17 Member
Posted this earlier but have rejoined again. In need of inspiration from other older moms with young kids.

I am a 49 year old mom of three childern under 10 looking for some encouragement from other moms dealing with the stress of kids, work (at home or away from home) and perimenopause (or menopause as the case may be). Joined MFP last May but let life get away from me. Now that I have one year until I turn 50 with two soon to be first graders and soon to be 4th grader I need to buckle down and get this done. I weighed in at 165.5 this morning with a first goal of 142# and ultimate goal of 128#. Gotta do it this time!!!

Replies

• wisconsinmama52
    Options
    Hello...wondering if you are still on MFP. I am a 52 year old Mom of a 11 and 7 year old. Would love to connect with you if you are still using MFP. I am weighing in at 160 ...already lost 18 pounds in the past year. My goal is to lose 20 more pounds. I look foward to hearing from you.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hi! I consider myself older or I maybe its that I just feel ancient! lol I am 43 (my husband is 54) and we have 4 children aged 15, 12, 10, & 5. I've been with MFP a while on and off but have really taken my health/weight loss seriously since this past April. Happy to join this bandwagon to commiserate, encourage, and motivate each other.
  • laddle
    laddle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I am on older mom with young and old children. All girls ages 23 yrs to 19mos. I am currently at my heaviest weight ever and am so very uncomfortable. I understand your feelings and am also in need of a support group!