Struggling to log food at the weekends!

Options
2»

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Since you have it on your phone, have you set it up yet so you can get a reminder if you haven't logged lunch, breakfast etc by a certain time?
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Yes, weekends are definitely harder. My workday gives me some structure but I'm often at loose ends on the weekends. As of yet I haven't really found a good strategy....I just allow myself a little more leeway on the weekends and really try to watch what I eat during the week.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I will log my mornings and then come the afternoon, I totally forget! I end up trying to remember what I ate on Monday and logging it then. I think it's because it's the weekend, and less structured and less routine for me.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    No excuses...
  • evanpdixon
    evanpdixon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you have the iPhone app you can set it to remind you. Helps me a lot and elaves no room for excuses.

Here's how:

Open the MFP app
    Click "More" (bottom right)
    Click "Settings"
    Click "My Reminders"
    Click "+" to add a reminder
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    How about - instead of trying to force yourself to do something you keep not being able to do... you make your natural tendencies work for you?

Log your food all week- but on the weekend- practice eating healthy without the safety net of tracking it.

Eventually you will be doing this all the time, there is nothing wrong with starting to teach yourself early.

This way, you feel productive and progressing in your habits instead of feeling like you fail every weekend :)
  • mlightvt
    mlightvt Posts: 12
    Options
    I struggle with this too. Weekdays are fairly straightforward in that while my schedule isn't the same every day, there's a similar structure to my days that just plain doesn't exist on the weekends.
  • paid2surf
    paid2surf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know it's odd, but sometimes, I don't wait to eat the food before logging it into MFP. That is, I often enter my day's meals (at least lunch and dinner) first thing in the morning, which I have found helps me stay on track. If I have calories "available" and no plan, I am more likely to stick my head in the fridge or pantry and start rationalizing my way to an overage.

This is especially helpful with after-dinner eating. I know I should cut it off at 6 or 7 or whatever p.m., but that's not going to happen, so I've been blocking about 300 quick calories a day just for fruit and popcorn, etc. Sometimes I end up not eating it; those are good days, with a built-in deficit. But when I do use the snack quota, I'm likely to stay around my goal for the day,which is a good day, too.

Just hit 300 pounds today, and it's the first time I've been this light in seven years. Just a few more to go...
  • skinnyminni1985
    Options
    Since you have it on your phone, have you set it up yet so you can get a reminder if you haven't logged lunch, breakfast etc by a certain time?

Sounds like a great idea, does anyone know how I set it up?
  • skinnyminni1985
    Options
    ignore my last comment, Evan has answered my question! :)
  • evanpdixon
    evanpdixon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ignore my last comment, Evan has answered my question! :)

:smile: