Targeting fat in specific areas

Options
Hi all,

Anyone had success with targeting fat loss? Reason I ask is I've now droped a little bit of weight (about 1/3 of my loss goal) and I am seeing a huge difference already. Arms and legs are toned, abs are back, and my back is showing good definition...the problem is the "spare tire/love handle" region. My body is holding on to that fat for dear life...and it actually looks worse now then it did before because everywhere else on my body is shrinking and getting toned. So while before it was obvious I needed to lose weight...now it just looks funny.

Any suggestions on targeting that area?

I currently work out 7 days a week and incorporate ab excersise in as much as possible with leg lifts and crunches.

Workout schedule: (sorry for the confusion, its just the way I write it out but Day 1 being Monday and Day 7 being Sunday)

Day 1: Cardio 60 min
Day 2: Cardio 10 min ---> Upper Body lifting 30 min ----> abs 10 min
Day 3: Cardio 10 min ----> Lower Body lifting 30 min ----> abs 10 min
Day 4: Cardio 60 min
Day 5: Volleyball league 2 hours of 4v4 games
Day 6: Cardio 10 min ----> Upper Body lifting 30 min ----> abs 10 min
Day 7: Cardio 10 min
> Lower Body lifting 30 min
> abs 10 min

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Replies

• Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. How/where the fat comes off is pretty much determined by your genetics. Often, the gut/"love handle" area is the last place it will come off. Doing a million ab exercises may give you nice abs, but they'll still be hidden under the fat until it comes off. Stay at a caloric deficit, keep working out and eventually you'll lose them.