• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Today is day 3 for me.
    14 days - alcohol free
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Already did this and im in college! so easy and hey if your friends really care they arent good friends.

Id like to point out ive been completly bevvie free since may 1st, (i cut out all sugar of all forums on a allergy elimination diet)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't drink at all. I didn't have a single drink for a decade. I only recently started to have a drink here and there. But, it costs money, it causes headaches and stomach pain, adds empty calories (that could be filled with nutritious food), has other adverse health effects, and to be honest I don't think I even like it...it causes me to feel mentally and physically groggy, not think as well, not comprehend my reading as well, say less thought out things. And also I have liver problems (not from alcohol), so it's really probably not the best thing for me anyway. I have family members that are addicts, so maybe if I don't drink it might help encourage others to stop. I think I was superbly healthy and happy when I was not drinking at all (plus it saves money). No alcohol seems like a good investment towards a long, healthy, happy life.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    15 days - alcohol free
  • alerica1
    Options
    16 days - alcohol free
  • alerica1
    Options
    17 days - alcohol free
  • alerica1
    Options
    18 days - alcohol free
  • alerica1
    Options
    19 days - alcohol free
  • alerica1
    Options
    20 days - alcohol free
  • alerica1
    Options
    21 days - alcohol free
  • alerica1
    Options
    22 days - alcohol free
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    4 years and 49 weeks alcohol free. I did not see a major change in my weight loss until I was around 9 mos alcohol free, then I started dropping lbs fast. I dropped 20 lbs in around 4 months. I was a size 9/10 and had between a 32 and 33% bmi.

Now, almost 5 years later, I am a size 2 and running at about 18%. Anyone that says alcohol does not hinder weight loss does not want to get sober, period.
  • summeroflove99
    summeroflove99 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I know this is very late but I'm going to join you from today. Every time I drink I go over my calories and undo all the good work so I need to cut it out. Glad I found this challenge.
  • alerica1
    Options
    23 days - alcohol free
  • tjkramer
    tjkramer Posts: 16
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • 10k40min
    10k40min Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yes! I think alcohol is my biggest problem.....let's do this!
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I want to do a 30 day challenge of no alcohol starting today, anyone want to join me?

So how is it going?? Have you stuck with it?? And if so have you seen a change??? Was it hard to do...especially in social situations?

I, ofcoarse, did this for 9 months...ala being pregnant. So I know I can do it, but when it comes to social situations I would find it difficult.

Good luck!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I joined the challenge a week ago, and it had already been a week or two without alcohol, but then I just went on my summer vacation and I had a glass of wine (on two separate days), so I'm going to start for real now. It's 2 days in for me now.
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    its easy when your only 19. its called the 30 day obeying the law challenge.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    its easy when your only 19. its called the 30 day obeying the law challenge.

In Canada, the drinking age is 19.