My weight is stuck :(

Options
I've been doing the same things before and I lost weight already. Now, I'm trying to loose 10-20 more lbs, but my weight is stuck. I'm eating near 1200 calories. I don't know what's wrong. Do I need to eat more? But I'm so worried about over eating cals.

I don't want to go to the gym. I'm trying to loose weight by eating right. The main reason is because I get home around 6 and to drive to 24 hour fitness with bad traffic it takes me near 45 minutes.

What do you guys recommend? I want to loose 10-20 more lbs by the end of this year.

Replies

• racoon1
    Options
    Your weight being stuck is called a plateau. The last 5-10Lbs is always the hardest to lose. you could try to trick your motabilizim by eating more cals for a few days then go back to your routine or switch your meals so this means eat supper for breakfast and breakfast for supper:flowerforyou:
  • ybautista
    Options
    I am a big believer in exercise. Its awful when the gym is such a hassle to get to but if you can squeeze in a walk or jog or maybe some at-home exercises it may boost the weight loss. Have you tried Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred DVD?
  • racoon1
    Options
    :smile:
    I am a big believer in exercise. Its awful when the gym is such a hassle to get to but if you can squeeze in a walk or jog or maybe some at-home exercises it may boost the weight loss. Have you tried Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred DVD?

I also agree with the excercise. I'm not a fan of the gym as I think it's a time and money waster besides I lost over 30lbs just walking around the neighborhood regularly over a 2 year period
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I am so far into my weight loss, that I expect things to slow down, But when August and September I only combined 10 pounds total, it was time to look at things and change it up. In the past 4 weeks I have lost 10.5 pounds. What have I done differently? I am eating MORE, eating about 1600 calories a day because I burn at least 500 at the gym. ( I was eating about 1200 and then maybe 200 back, so 1400 total) I am eating MORE CARBS , still staying below the MFP allowed, but much more than I had ever eaten before. And the last thing I have done is lift weights 5 times a week. Every time I am at the gym I spend equal part time doing weights and doing cardio. You need to change things up..
    Good luck!
  • kickle88
    Options
    Your weight being stuck is called a plateau. The last 5-10Lbs is always the hardest to lose. you could try to trick your motabilizim by eating more cals for a few days then go back to your routine or switch your meals so this means eat supper for breakfast and breakfast for supper:flowerforyou:

I agree - sometimes you can add some calories for a couple of days and then go back to your 1200 to jump your metabolism

I hate the gym too but you need to exercise, this would be the best way to get those last few pounds. What do you like to do? I like dancing so I will blare the music and dance my *kitten* off for a half hour or so, great to do with kid if you have them. I also bought the Wii Fit which is a fun great way to exercise.
  • mrcconway
    Options
    You can also do exercises at home you need to chage what you are doing so your body won't get into a rutt. Try reasearching workourts called crossfit they are fast alot of times and intenst and can easily be done from home with miminal equipment.
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    I am so far into my weight loss, that I expect things to slow down, But when August and September I only combined 10 pounds total, it was time to look at things and change it up. In the past 4 weeks I have lost 10.5 pounds. What have I done differently? I am eating MORE, eating about 1600 calories a day because I burn at least 500 at the gym. ( I was eating about 1200 and then maybe 200 back, so 1400 total) I am eating MORE CARBS , still staying below the MFP allowed, but much more than I had ever eaten before. And the last thing I have done is lift weights 5 times a week. Every time I am at the gym I spend equal part time doing weights and doing cardio. You need to change things up..
    Good luck!

This is so true y'all ... I up my calorie intake every now and then, just to confuse the body, while continuing to do my cardio and strength training. My daily intake per MPF is 1240, but I sometimes go about 1300 to 1400, and I am still loosing it slowly and steadily. I noticed that when I don't eat my exercise cals, i feel really week as the 1200+ cals just doesnt provide enough for me.

This is my experience, thought of sharing it :flowerforyou:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I think that a big thing in your plateau is not working out. Walking around the neighborhood is a good starting point but its not enough to get you where you want to be. You need to combine serious resistance training with high-intensity cardio. I live over 30min away from the gym as well... but I get up at 5AM every morning... drive to the gym... work out 30-45min... get ready for work... and head on to work. This way I can relax when I get home... and working out in the morning helps me get through the day. Sometimes I also squeeze in a walk at lunch.

Everyone is different. If you don't want to go to the gym look up some good weight training exercises that you can do on your own. Invest in a few resistance bands, medicine balls, pilates ball, etc. to help you out.

Good luck!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    It happens. My weight hasn't moved in a while, but I had to go down a notch on my belt this week. I'd much rather have that, than the weight loss.

I don't go to a gym either. I do all of my working out at home, or outside (running)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The combination of exercise and eating the right amoount of calories is important. I stalled out in my weight loss and then fell of tack in my eating because of vacation and then post vacation laziness. Now I am back on track and after not losing (but not gaining) for over a month, I have lost 3 lbs this week. I am eating more than I did but I am also exercising a lot more.

Keep playing around with the calories and make sure you do some exercise. It would be hard to go to the gym if it is that far. Try running, swimming, exercise DVD's ( lots on Youtube) or something else to get your body moving. Personally, I love the gym atmosphere. It makes me work harder.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "

Albert Einstein

So change something. What'cha gonna do? :tongue:
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't expect so much input. I feel :flowerforyou: just to see the motivation that I get from you guys. I ate a bit more than I should last night and weigh myself this morning. It went down almost a pound !Hooray! I'm thinking maybe I need to eat a little more.

Today, I ate a big breakfast this morning, and not so much for dinner. I'm going to see how that one works out.

I wish the gym I like going to wasn't so far. Better yet I just wish I can bring one of the elliptical machine from the gym. I love those! My brother has a wii fit, so I'll ask him if I can use it.

Thank you guys :drinker: