Help with my exercise/nutrition goals please!

Hello!!

My normal daily suggested calorie intake per fitness pal is supposed to be 1200.
I have been exercising a lot lately. After adding my exercise activity for the day, my fitness pal adds those calories to the "remaining" column. For example, I start with 1200 and then burn 550 calories during a workout. It then says I can have 1750 calories for the day. Am I really supposed to be eating all those extra calories? Or am I still supposed to eat only 1200???

Any help with this would be awesome!

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Forgive me for not answering your question directly. I am sure someone will. I do not track exercise calories or eat them back or any of that. For me it is just more variables to suffer from inaccuracy. I have an exercise regimine that fits my goals. I start with an estimate of calories that will fit my goals and track them here. I adjust the calories I eat as needed.
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Personally, I eat all or most of mine back. I am also on 1200 a day so if I burn off 500, I eat those 500 back. 1200 should be your final "net" for the day if that's the number mfp gave you.

Good luck!
  • Thanks for the replies. mhuch110, you're right. I also msgd mfp customer support and they're saying the program is designed to eat the calories burned back and still lose weight. He also said your net intake should never be less than 1200 for the day. Thanks again!