How did you hit your goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did plateau right around 35 pounds. I was just running and dieting at that point. So I added in circuit training / strength / flexibility (first jillian's no more trouble zones, then i started mixing it up with her kickbox fast fix, 6 week 6 pack and yoga meltdown), and started eating a little bit more. Then I lost the last 11 pounds.

eta: i was only eating back half my exercise calories. i started eating back 3/4 to all of them, and that's when i started losing again. i have never figured out my bmr or any of those things.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

I would up your calories then for sure. I would probably try eating 1500 calories a day and any calories burned with cardiovascular exercise (assuming you use a HRM).

You will still be eating at a caloric deficit, and you've plateaud, so whats there to lose? Except more weight, that is!

I can almost bet you money its because you are eating too few calories.

I would say she needs to go higher than that.

So BMR is 1458... As a SAHM, she is already active and adding P90 to the equation.

I would say at a minimum it would be 1800 (formula below)

TDEE = 1458*1.55 * .8 = 1800

But more than likely since she is active during the day its more like

TDEE = 1458 * 1.725 * .8 = 2012

So my suggestion is eat 1800 calories (35%c, 40% p, 25% f). This will also line up more with beachbody guidelines. And since she doesn't have much to lose, you have to eat more.

Depends on the person.

I'm 1200/day to lose 1lb/week
    1400/day to lose .5/week
    and 1600 to maintain.

I personally would gain with 1800 NET Vs the 1600 NET.

Those aren't net numbers. Those are gross calories (no pun intended).
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thanks Onesnap looking at it like that makes even more sense!

Happy to help!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Maybe I'm confusing myself. I thought the definition of NET numbers was: Net (or Nett) refers to the amount left over after all deductions are made. Once the net value is attained, nothing further is subtracted. The net value is not allowed to be made lower.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

Maybe I'm confusing myself. I thought the definition of NET numbers was: Net (or Nett) refers to the amount left over after all deductions are made. Once the net value is attained, nothing further is subtracted. The net value is not allowed to be made lower.

We actually said the same thing

In your example, you ate 1320, burned 500 and then ate back 500 calories. When I suggested calories, I said 1800-2000 which puts us in the same ball park. Mine you do NOT eat exercise calories as it's already in your TDEE. The reason i did not use the OP's 1320 calories was for the simple fact her account could be set up wrong. For example, if she set her account to sedentary or her goal is too aggressive (2 lbs per week with only 20 lbs to lose). SAHM are very rarely sedentary (as compared to someone who has a desk job) and are more likely lightly active. I based my figures off of BMR, TDEE and then cut 20% from there.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    thanks so much rainbowbow!! I think I may try upping the calories (it just feels wrong when you've been thinking you should eat so little)

Huskery - what exactly is intermittent fasting...is it just about switching up how many calories you eat day to day? Or is it also what you're eating?

Intermittent fasting is about abstaining from food for long periods of time and/or having occasional days where you go under 1000 calories.

Essentially I find it easier to just not eat for 16 hours everyday (from 9 PM to 1 PM) then eat small meals more frequently. I do that daily.

Another form of IF is to fast for 24 hours, once or twice/week. So I sometimes add that in to my program and on Sundays eat dinner at 6 PM and then don't eat until Monday at 6 PM.

There are lots of forum topics about IF if you want more info.
  • Menoetius1
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I am eating 1600-1700 and losing weight!
    I am not active either!
    (On MFP using a new goal, lost alot before)