Drinking a lot of water

Naokoheart
Naokoheart Posts: 161
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does it cause urine infection of any kind,
I m just curious

Replies

• No. Drinking alot of water doesn't cause a urinary track infection. What it DOES do is "flush" out the body of fat deposited throughout the day. Here's a tip: After you pee, turn around and look at it. If it's DARK then you have to drink more water. If it's the same color as the toilet water (clear) then you're drinking the right amount of water (64 oz a day). Drinking water also helps clear your skin, too. All models drink plenty of water...just look at their bodies and faces :happy:

Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    no.

But see your doctor, it could be something else..
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Drinking water won't cause an infection. However, if you are dehydrated you can have a similar burning sensation during urination as it would be with a UTI. If you are drinking enough water and still having that sensation drink some cranberry juice or take cranberry pills and see a doctor.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Does it cause urine infection of any kind,
    I m just curious
    No it will NOT cause an infection in fact Dr.'s will tell you to drink MORE water and drink natural (no sugar added) cranberry juice to flush infection! I had a UTI the end of Aug., I have NEVER had a bladder infection ever so I did not know and kept drinking the water and the juice but it got real bad and starting moving into the kidney's when I got to the clinic! Had to go on SUPER strong antibiotic and of course continue with MORE water and was told to NEVER hold your pee, get to the bathroom as soon as you feel the need! Hope this is helpfull!
  • Thank you for the advice,I don't have a urine infection,
    my friend just tackled me with the question today,because
    I told her about how much water I had drank today,hmm wonder if it
    was a negative response to throw me off from what I am doing. hmmm.....
This discussion has been closed.