New to MFP and new to couting calories...!

Options
Hello all!

Just found the app for MFP on my phone and LOVE it so I decided to come online and check out the rest of the site... very excited to see there are message boards (can you not access them from an iphone?).

Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself. Im a 29 y/o (30 in 2 weeks) mother of 2 and I am trying to shed off the last 15lbs or so from my now 2 y/o. I've always followed a low carb diet for weight loss (and some stomach issues) in the past, and succesfully lost about 20lbs doing this after my youngest was born.

I've been at this same weight now for about a year and the low carb life is just not doing it for me anymore. I've always been scared to try any type of diet/lifestyle that consisted of counting calories. But I found the app and thought I'd see what it was all about. The food diary is AMAZING. I've never kept track of what I was eating before, and its been a real eye opener.

So I am a little worried since I've done the low carb thing for so long I know exactly what I should and shouldn't eat. Now I just have no idea. Also I am having foot surgery next month and I've been unable to go to the gym for a few months which has been a real bummer... think I might try the 30DS again, not as weight bearing on the foot...

Well I just wanted to throw myself out there! If anyone has some good tips/tricks for me for the switching from the low carb to calorie counting life I'd MUCH appreciate that. Also I have no "friends" and could definitely use some motivating people to chat with... Thanks for reading :wink:

Robyn

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, Robyn!

Unfortunately, the message boards don't seem to be accessible from the MFP app (I have it for android and I can't find it).

But, your home page is accessible and people can communicate with you that way like on FB.

I'm Maureen, a 28 year old in Maryland.

Welcome to the site and feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for additional support in your weight loss journey! :D