A question for the ladies

Options
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering do you guys take a break during your time of the month? Mine was last week, finished today and I continued to do my less intense exercise and kept up my calorie counting but I was up to day 3 of the 30 day shred and just really didn't want to do it while I was on as I knew it'd be so uncomfortable. I feel a bit of a failure now though as I've had about 5 days off from it! Starting Day 4 tomorrow.

:)

Replies

• amberlongsine
    amberlongsine Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have really horrid periods and bleed alot so whenever that Happens I usually just sleep and eat less.

I try to keep up with exercising but sometimes it can be hard. I get super crappy and tired and sleep most of the time im on my period if im not at work. =)
  • kjones3535
    kjones3535 Posts: 139
    Options
    I try to keep up my routine as much as possible. I get severe migraines and that usually stops me at least one-two days though. Usually exercise will help with cramps.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean, sometimes I skip a couple of workouts if Ive got bad period pain and do something gentle instead but I always try to stick to the healthy eating and avoid too much salt. You're doing great, keep on with that shred, you can do it!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I make myself work out, at least a little.
  • lilangel317
    lilangel317 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't take off during that time. I still work out just not as intense. I don't want to lose my mo-jo. I find that I feel much better when I work out during that time. It also keeps me from cramping as much. I drink more water that week as I tend to retain quite a bit. I ABSOLUTLEY DO NOT get on the scales that week. Talk about a motivation blocker since I gain about 3-5 pounds that week. Don't feel guilty. Just pick up on your day 4 with 30DS and keep rockin'! It's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you get back up. Don't look back. You will probably see that it didn't even set you back. Remember one day at a time.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I do MRT 4 days a week, and I don't skip my workouts when it's that time of the month. I find it helps with the pain, actually.
  • fleur_charms
    fleur_charms Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I have horrible cramps like some of you and it's just so eurgh lol. I kept up on doing lots of looong walks, 40 mins a day on my exercise bike and a bit of wii fit which isn't very intense at all but atleast I was doing something! Back to the shred tomorrow!
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Now of course this totally depends on YOUR body, so what I'm about to say, I would really appreciate people not punching me. I'm not saying this is "you" specifically, and I'm sure there are thousands of people in which this would not apply.

Okay now that the disclaimer is done

Studies done on women who proceeded with workouts as normal showed a decrease in their TOM symptoms. I can say from personal experience, I feel a lot better if I get in a great workout, especially if it is an intense cardio one.

Of course anyone who has very severe symptoms, that takes medication, may not find this to be true. I fall in the average symptom category.
  • obmckenzie
    obmckenzie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For me it depends. I recently was diagnosed with PCOS and hadn't had normal cycle in just about over 6 months. the Last two months since getting regular have been really bad. I hurt and pretty much had a week long migraine. It was the worst. I got it again last week and I was determined to work through it.

I feel like exercising every day actually helped control the pain. I only took it slightly easier one day and that was was weight training day (first really hard one in months) and I just couldn't push myself very hard. It might have been a fluke month. Maybe next month will be really bad again and I won't be able to deal but if its like this month I'll probably keep pushing through my C35K.. Next month I plan to be on Insanity so well see if that holds true.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering do you guys take a break during your time of the month? Mine was last week, finished today and I continued to do my less intense exercise and kept up my calorie counting but I was up to day 3 of the 30 day shred and just really didn't want to do it while I was on as I knew it'd be so uncomfortable. I feel a bit of a failure now though as I've had about 5 days off from it! Starting Day 4 tomorrow.

:)

can be tough huh I know how you feel I have done little to nothing this week I must do something tough :( maybe if I drink some coffee I will be able to move lol