Just started stronglifts

Options
I'm a lady who just started stronglifts. Wondered if anyone else on here has done it, advice, etc.?

Today I did:

5x5 squats with 45 pounds
5x5 bench press with 45 pounds
5x5 barbell row with 65 pounds

Everything was easy until I got to the row. I failed out on my last two sets and couldn't get the bar all the way to my chest. =/ I'll try again next time.

Replies

• dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You can do rows with an empty bar as well, or even dumbbells, if you need to start with less weight at first.

Edit: Also, how long were you resting between sets on the rows? If you're doing a lift that is challenging, make sure you're waiting at least 2-3 minutes between sets, all the way up to 5 minutes if needed.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I just finished my third day of it yesterday. I love it! OHP is pretty hard, rows a little less hard. Did you download the app for it? It's so helpful.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Get the form down. IMO, row is a pain. It's how I injured my back - wrong stance, too heavy.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I just finished my third day of it yesterday. I love it! OHP is pretty hard, rows a little less hard. Did you download the app for it? It's so helpful.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. App is great, Overhead Press murders me (curse you, 5th rep of 5th set!), and rows are so-so.
  • heartsherps
    heartsherps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I was going to try BR with 65lbs a couple more times before giving in and switching to an empty bar, but I think I'll go straight to empty bar next time so I can try to correct my form. Can't do the app as I don't have a smartphone, so I printed out a spreadsheet instead.

Also, thanks for the link to the group, think I'll join. =D