Trying to Not get on the scale?

saint84
saint84 Posts: 2,182
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, here's my problem, I have a terrible time waking up and NOT getting on the scale. I think I'm addicted to it and expect instant results. I know I'm only supposed to weigh myself like once a week in the same time of the day and all of that stuff. I was just curious if anyone else is addicted to the scale only to get thrown for a loop because of your body weight fluxuations?

Cheers

Replies

• cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    I am right there with you. I have gotten better in that I no longer weigh in on the weekends. My official weigh in days are Mondays...I am usually on the scale every day after that. I think its all mental cuz when I see the scale going down in numbers it makes me feel good. It also tells me how I'm doing throughout the week. Normally when I don't see the numbers on the scale decrease I know I won't have a loss the next week. I spend way too much time worrying about it but when I don't get on the scale its like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I don't know if I couldn't stop getting on the scale every day. I read a post where someone's husband actually hid the scale cuz she was addicted. Might be a good idea.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    i weigh almost everyday, but i only count the sunday morning weigh in. its hard not to obsess. if you find a way let us know.
  • saint84
    Lol, It's like going through withdrawls without weighing myself. My weigh day is Weds. and I'm feening really bad lol
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    I find it amazingly easy to get on the scale when I know I've been good... when I know I've been bad it's also amazingly easy NOT to get on the scale :laugh:. Needless to say I'm one of those people that probably needs to get on daily, it's a good reminder to keep working out and eating correctly. When I don't get on for a few days I find myself more susceptible to eating poorly because then I'll go well I'll just wait a few more days so I can work off that bad stuff I ate and then I won't see a change in the scale. Then it ends up being a week and a half of being bad and putting weight back on.
  • saint84
    Well the problem with me and getting on the scale daily, is that I want to drop below 220, for me that's like the top of my mountain, so one day I might get on and it say 219.5 or something and I'm all jumping up and down with joy. Then the next day after I may have eaten something salty and drank a lot of water or something and it says 221.3 or something, so it pretty much drives me nuts. Weight fluxuates something like 3-5 pounds I think I read somewhere?
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    I weigh every morning too. It's good for me though, it lets me know how I've done the day before, and helps me to see which habits are hindering me. Example: If I get less than 5 hours of sleep, I have no loss from night to morning, If I snack after 8PM, I have no loss, or even a gain the next morning. If I get back on track that day, then I'm okay, but if I make the same mistakes again, I do another backstep, and then I have to re-lose the same weight the next week. So, it helps me stay on track, I guess I have short term memory loss, and need the constant reminder yet :laugh:
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    I'm right here with you....
    I find I way myself for mulitple reasons. To justify my cheats.... To encourgage me to keep up the good work.. But it can change my mood quick.
    I have just over this week, because I have been on a platue for weeks now, decided to ONLY weigh in 1x a week. I lost A pound.... 1 mesley pound... Still fighting everyday NOT getting on the scale.
  • Oy. If I had a scale at home, I'd be on it every five minutes. Everytime I passed it I'd step on it. I've done it before. So I tossed my scale and started weighing in at the doctors office. Their scale is more accurate and I have a digital scale at home where I weigh my clothes to know just how much to take off. (anywhere from 1 to 3.5 pounds depending on my outfit!) I really hate pointless driving so weighing in once a week at the doctors is perfect for me, I don't want to drive up there any more than once a week (even though it isn't far), and I schedule my appointments in the early morning on weigh in days.
  • Let your clothes do the talking for you. I weigh myself once a month :wink: It's called willpower! Check out my weigh in posted on my profile pic.

Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva
  • saint84
    I'm glad I'm not the only one out there. I'm definitely trying Eva44, it's tough but I think I can get through it :wink:
  • Let your clothes do the talking for you. I weigh myself once a month :wink: It's called willpower! Check out my weigh in posted on my profile pic.

Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva

My clothes haven't changed that much, and I've lost 34 pounds. Some things that were tight are a little loose but I haven't officially changed sizes yet.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    While I am indeed guilty of the same thing, trust me, the love/hate affair I've had with my scale is OVER, now I might get on it 2x a week.
This discussion has been closed.