Stubbed toe - HELP?`

Options
Earlier I walked into the bathroom and it's a tight walk in and I am not really used to it because it's a new bathroom and the wall was in my way and i was not paying attention and BANG. I stubbed my toe and it hurt like crazy! I was planning on going for a run but I am unsure how well it's going to work now! The toe itself does not hurt anymore but now it's the actual upper foot by the toes instead. I already have one of my toes cracking from fracturing it a year ago, am I gonna have the same thing again? Should I go for the jog or should I relax the toe??

Replies

• kindo
    kindo Posts: 11
    Options
    Try to run and if it hurts to run then stop. Don't use a stubbed toe as an excuse to get our of a workout!
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Try to run and if it hurts to run then stop. Don't use a stubbed toe as an excuse to get our of a workout!

I agree! If it is broken, that is one thing.... but stubbed, you should be fine!

Hell... my son got a sleeve fracture under his knee cap after checking someone in the boards during a hockey game.... he skated for two weeks before he told me he was even hurt!

No excuses!!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    A good rule of thumb is if it hurts, don't do it. I fell a month ago and also kind of stubbed my toe in the process, sprained a finger that is going to still take another couple months to heal and twisted my wrist a bit. None of that prevented me from getting on my treadmill and doing my workouts that included pushups and planks, although I opted for a wrist support for a couple weeks.

It's easy to let things be an excuse. My toe didn't interfere at all with running. Give it a try. If it hurts, stop and put some ice on it.
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh don't think I am trying to get out of it! I enjoy my workouts I really do! It helps me focus and think about things. I think I will try it, it's not that bad just a little pain but I don't think it will kill me! :)
  • kindo
    kindo Posts: 11
    Options
    Just wondering how your toe is feeling and how the workout went!