Ladies: Sports Bra Help?

Options
Could any of you kind folks recommend a decent sports bra for running/hiking? I am not extremely gifted in the cup-size department (36 B), but the champion bras I am using right now feel a little too tight around my ribcage and I have tried bigger sizes. Not sure if they are just bad quality or if my ribcage is wide or what the deal is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    where are you from? i got one from matalan and was under £10 and is comfy.
    i'm not a big girl either :tongue:
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm from Massachusetts. No Matalan's here that I know of :(
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Try the TitleNine.com catalogue. They've got a good selection of sports bras for all types of activities & even have them for pregnant/post pregnant athletes.
  • 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options
    lonsdale brand is very good and cheap - always used these and have had no problems - very comfy and good support :smile:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm a regular/medium size myself and I love Danskin sport bras. I got mine from the Evil Empire (walmart) :smile:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Not sure what ones your using, but I like the danskin ones from walmart. I got some that clip in the front that are comfortable, and then the flat kind that you pull on that kind of smoosh your boobs. (I like the 2nd one for jogging etc...its stretchy so might not feel bad around your ribs). I'm a 38B.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I'm a regular/medium size myself and I love Danskin sport bras. I got mine from the Evil Empire (walmart) :smile:

Evil empire ... :laugh:
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    I'm from Massachusetts. No Matalan's here that I know of :(

i'm in the UK. sorry! hope you find a good one
  • BlueJess7
    BlueJess7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I suggest MovingComfort. Very comfortable and come in all shapes and sizes!!! Approx. $20-$50 depending on your size. Also accomodate for different levels of "jiggle"... low, medium, high.
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I suggest MovingComfort. Very comfortable and come in all shapes and sizes!!! Approx. $20-$50 depending on your size. Also accomodate for different levels of "jiggle"... low, medium, high.

DITTO THIS!!! I went to movingcomfort's website and did my fit assessment and then went to Amazon (cheaper) and purchased the Fiona bra. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It's been well worth my money.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I went to a lingerie store that had a big range of sports bras, wonder bra I think. They measured me and I tried about 20 on and bounced up and down in the changing room until I found one I was happy with. Getting the correct size is crucial x
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Lululemon has great ones in the $40 - $50 range, with all kinds of support options.

I just bought some yoga bras on sale for $9.99 from Victoria's Secret that are pretty good, too.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your wonderful suggestions! Now today I will start my quest for the perfect sports bra ... :smile:
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    I found some really inexpensive ones by Alo in Marshalls. I think they were $12.99 each as opposed to $50 each in ****'s Sporting Goods. I really like them.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm not very sporty so I don't have much need for one but I heard a DJ on the radio, who runs regularly, say that the trick is to wear 2 sports bras at the same time for better support.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have this: 1.jpg

But my 32DDs need the compression

ETA: I found it at Sears but they have a website to order online.