A Strange question....

So this is a um ladies question.. When it is that time of the month do you put on like a pound or so? Also I never feel like being active during that tme of the month how do i make myself get my butt in gear?

Replies

• DIZZLED1969
    DIZZLED1969 Posts: 5 Member
    i actually gain like 3 lbs..is this normal
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Personally I feel better if I stay active during that time; however, I might take it a little easier than I would other times of the month, especially if I am cramping. Like instead of walking 45 minutes, I might walk 20-25 instead, things like that. And, I try to go to bed earlier because for at least 3 days of TOM I'm extra tired.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    i actually gain like 3 lbs..is this normal
    ok :D was sorta worried lol
  • meeper123
    Personally I feel better if I stay active during that time; however, I might take it a little easier than I would other times of the month, especially if I am cramping. Like instead of walking 45 minutes, I might walk 20-25 instead, things like that. And, I try to go to bed earlier because for at least 3 days of TOM I'm extra tired.

good idea :) I am going to put a leash on my little dog and take us both ut for some fresh air thanks :)
  • loriwarner
    loriwarner Posts: 18 Member
    I put on 3-5. :noway: Bloating, I assume.

I've heard exercise provides you with energy, that's never been true for me, however, I just found out my thyroid is way off, and my hormones are imbalanced. Extremely low B12 and Vitamin D as well. It's not easy to find energy when you have none to begin with. Last week I started B12 shots, hormones and thyroid medication. I'm already feeling better! Sad that I've gone all these years without knowing things could be different. My doctor said many doctors only have time to treat the symptoms and not always get to the root of the problem. If you have a good doctor, it won't hurt to get your "road map" checked as you embark on a new you!

Good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • conservativek
    conservativek Posts: 74 Member
    The tiredness is often due to low magnesium, so a mag supplement could be helpful. Some good ol' chocolate will help-- it's high in magnesium. Other magnesium rich foods include bananas, oranges (or orange juice), and prunes. Walking is the most comfortable, lowest impact form of exercise that requires the least effort on those days when it's hard to get going.
  • meeper123
    The tiredness is often due to low magnesium, so a mag supplement could be helpful. Some good ol' chocolate will help-- it's high in magnesium. Other magnesium rich foods include bananas, oranges (or orange juice), and prunes. Walking is the most comfortable, lowest impact form of exercise that requires the least effort on those days when it's hard to get going.

woot chocolate :D I have orange juice might drink that then atm I just cant get myself to move
  • meeper123
    I put on 3-5. :noway: Bloating, I assume.

I've heard exercise provides you with energy, that's never been true for me, however, I just found out my thyroid is way off, and my hormones are imbalanced. Extremely low B12 and Vitamin D as well. It's not easy to find energy when you have none to begin with. Last week I started B12 shots, hormones and thyroid medication. I'm already feeling better! Sad that I've gone all these years without knowing things could be different. My doctor said many doctors only have time to treat the symptoms and not always get to the root of the problem. If you have a good doctor, it won't hurt to get your "road map" checked as you embark on a new you!

Good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:

OH well I am glad you are feeling better :) My low energy only seems to hit my once a month so I think its just you know , but i havent had a check up in ever i should probably at least do that. And good luck to you as well :D
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    I used to have a lot of issues during that TOM as well. In time it did get better with going to the gym to work out, it wasn't such a bother for those 4 or 5 days a week for me any longer. I also used to bloat pretty bad and gain like 4 pounds of water weight but then I was using the dry sauna at the gym and that seemed to have helped a lot.
  • meeper123
    I used to have a lot of issues during that TOM as well. In time it did get better with going to the gym to work out, it wasn't such a bother for those 4 or 5 days a week for me any longer. I also used to bloat pretty bad and gain like 4 pounds of water weight but then I was using the dry sauna at the gym and that seemed to have helped a lot.

OH cool our gym has one of those I am going to try that!!
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    I kid you not, I often am around 7lb heavier, with puffy ankles and fingers, so a lot of fluid retention due to the hormonal change. i never feel like doing my "hardcore" classes but i try to continue gentle exercise. Dont beat yourself up if you dont feel like doing too much.