Instead of chocolate? Help

Options

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    You can have my chocolate when you pry it from my COLD, DEAD HANDS.

I bought a very small square dish, the kind you use in sushi places, about an inch and a half square and maybe a half inch deep. I fill that bowl with extra-dark chocolate chips (Ghirardelli, usually), and pour myself a 2-ounce jigger of whiskey or a 5-ounce pour of decent red wine. This is my dessert most nights. I save the calories for it, and I eat the chocolate chips one at a time with a teeny sip from my drink between chips.

Usually takes me about an hour to go through my little bowl of chocolate chips, and at 5 calories each (yes, I calculated it) I can afford a good number of them most days. :drinker:
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Special K chocolatey delight cereal. High fiber, so you feel full quicker, and it has little pieces of REAL chocolate in it. I eat this every day almost.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You can have my chocolate when you pry it from my COLD, DEAD HANDS.

I bought a very small square dish, the kind you use in sushi places, about an inch and a half square and maybe a half inch deep. I fill that bowl with extra-dark chocolate chips (Ghirardelli, usually), and pour myself a 2-ounce jigger of whiskey or a 5-ounce pour of decent red wine. This is my dessert most nights. I save the calories for it, and I eat the chocolate chips one at a time with a teeny sip from my drink between chips.

Usually takes me about an hour to go through my little bowl of chocolate chips, and at 5 calories each (yes, I calculated it) I can afford a good number of them most days. :drinker:

This is exactly how I eat my chocolate cheerios or chocolate KRAVE cereal. One piece at a time and savor the HECK out of it!
  • lorielovehailey
    lorielovehailey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is true, but I have heard that craving chocolate is a sign of magnesium deficiency.
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! I have one piece of frozen dark chocolate at the end of the day, but if I eat it at any other time in the day its all downhill from there.

I find coffee and chai tea kill the craving. A little bit of cream in the coffee and half a teaspoon of sugar in a big mug of chai (the kind made from teabags, not syrup!) works pretty well. They give me that bitter/creamy/sweet balance I love from good chocolate.
  • Bubdog1
    Bubdog1 Posts: 72
    Options
    A cup of Diet Swiss Miss hot chocolate. Only 25 calories!
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Emerald Chocolate Dusted Almonds. Delicious!!!! I usually have 1/2 serving - approx 14 almonds at 75 calories! Takes the craving away for me.

I just bought these the other day! They are yummy and good for you! :bigsmile:
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I like chocolate too :smile:

What I do is I take a Ryvita crispbread with 1 tsp of chocolate chips and it helps with my craving.
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Freeze a dark chocolate bar. I like the endangered species dark chocolate with raspberries, then snap off a piece or they also have little snack ones, so does trader joes (100 calorie snack treats). But I freeze it so its out of sight out of mind and I find that when its frozen I eat it slower and the more I can savor it.
  • LessStephMoreLove
    Options
    Peanutbutter? Not much better....Sun Chips..still not much better. Oh I got it! Just have a little of your favorite kind?
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    2 squares of Ghiradelli's 60% dark chocolate is the ticket for me :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    magnesium citrate helped calm my chocolate cravings
  • sueblue77
    sueblue77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I order chocolate mint rooibos tea. Zero calories. I have a large cup every night in which I add one packet sweetener and a little chocolate redi-whip (15 calories per serving). It's wonderful both hot or over ice and occasionally I'll spike it it with a shot of vodka. The tea satisfies my chocolate craving for the day.
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    That's really interesting. I love chocolate. The chocolate covered grahams are good and not too high in calories.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    get some sugar free hot cocoa. Or sugar free chocolate milk stuff. They have sugar free chocolate candy too.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I don't really crave chocolate, but I find the Fibre One bars are very sweet.
    Also, what about a fat free chocolate pudding? dessert type yogurt?

Those fibre one brownies sound yummy..

There is 100 cal chocolate bars.

ohhhh what about freezing a chocolate pudding so you eat it slower?
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but nothing beats chocolate. There is no substitute. i just save some calories for it and keep it to one serving.

This is what I do.
  • WTBSE
    WTBSE Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but nothing beats chocolate. There is no substitute. i just save some calories for it and keep it to one serving.

^^This.
    Nothing can give me the same taste as chocolate. I try and have it only when i have a really strong craving, like a TOTM craving, otherwise i try a low cal hot choc.
    Oh, and i too think carob sucks! Its like sawdust and leave a horrid aftertaste.
  • mamakjknows
    Options
    Fiber One Brownies or 4 Hershey Kisses will kill my cravings :) But generally I leave enough room in my calories so that I can indulge when I want to!!
  • WTBSE
    WTBSE Posts: 72 Member
    Options

This is what I do.

glad to see i am not the only one!