Having a hard time with calorie intake

Options
My fitness pal suggests that I eat 1200 calories a day. I have lost over 35 pounds so far, but I feel that I have gotten comfortable and I'm going over my calories more often that staying at my goal. I am just finding it very difficult to stay on a 1200 calorie diet. I am a very picky eater and I don't like many vegetables so I'm limited on the things that I can eat. I would like to lose 20 more pounds, but I'm struggling with finding the motivation. I think that my biggest problem is that I have gotten comfortable with the size that I'm at. I'm not happy here, just comfortable. Any suggestions to help get me out of this slump???

Replies

• Pudgebrownie
    Options
    Keep in mind that your body greatly benefits from consuming a balanced diet, including the veggies and the fruits. I understand not liking certain foods and tending to steer away from them but a diet with plentiful greens does the body good :] That said, a good way to grab life by the horns and regaining control, is re-evaluating your current lifestyle: what you're eating, not eating, exercising and not exercising. The more you consume, the more you need to burn off via some kind of exercise or workout regimen. If you aren't already doing a physical activity, I encourage you to either walk 20-60 minutes per day, or hit the gym. Get your body accustomed to sweating and get your body circulating, increase your cardio and core strength. If you are exercising but are eating more than what you're burning off, pull back the reigns and start more diligently calorie counting. If you're eating 1500 calories instead of 1200 - knock off a couple hundred calories and focus on NOT exceeding 1300 calories. Best of luck.