Has anyone noticed...

Options
Advengirl
Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
Has anyone noticed any other 'daily habits/rituals' improving since working towards control of their diet/weight?

Like...my face/evening routine...
I used to be pretty bad about washing my face EVERY night (because I've been blessed with good skin- I took it for granted) but now, since I'm paying more attention to my body and actions...
I have a full out-and-out skin care regime! (with retinol cream and everything for the wrinkles- unheard of for a tom-boy)

And flossing/vitamins...I used to be pretty bad about remembering to do all of the above, but it seems like the more I take care of my body, the more I want to take care of the rest of myself.

Any other stories of the like out there? I didn't even realize that I was putting forth more of an effort elsewhere until my hunny complained about me spending so much more time in the bathroom at night getting all squeeky clean. lol

Replies

• rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have been taking my vitamins, calcium, and vit D regularly now. I was always so forgetful before. Now that I have them included on my food diary, I always have a reminder!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Yes..same things...skin care/cleansing and moisturizing...vitamins..the whole she-bang.

I think its because now that I'm almost 90 lbs thinner...I'm looking in the mirror more and hating me less...now I want to do everything I can to shine up on the outside.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Even flossing my teeth better!
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I always take my vitamins now!
  • Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I think its because now that I'm almost 90 lbs thinner...I'm looking in the mirror more and hating me less...now I want to do everything I can to shine up on the outside.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D (many congrats for the 90lb mark- WOW! That's fantastic!!!)
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Yes..same things...skin care/cleansing and moisturizing...vitamins..the whole she-bang.

:flowerforyou:
    Just wanted to say...
    WoW!
    I was peeking at your profile pics & you're looking great! What a difference!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds weird, but I have more energy around the house & now I'm more motivated to keep it straightened up. I even do more yard work.
    I feel like cleaning out drawers & changing up the decor a little.