INSANITY WORKOUT?

Options
Im thinking about doing insanity but don't know much about this program. I recently lost 25 pounds last year, but now looking to tone up my hips and abs.. would this do the job??

Tip, suggestions or info about this!!?

Thank you!

Replies

• jlilangel
    Options
    A friend of mine is currently doing Insanity and loves it! She's noticed in the three weeks she's done it her body has started to tone up and her clothes are feeling a bit looser. It's actually going to be my next program after P90x. If you want more info on the program, I would be more than happy to talk to you about it.
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and just started month 2 of Insanity. I'm trying to get rid of what I call my new "menopause middle". I am seeing changes in my stomach. I've lost an inch and a half off my waist and an inch off my hips. That probably doesn't seem like much but I definitely see more definition in my abs...plus I'm fighting the menopause metabolism so I'd venture to say that things may progress more easily for you. My "muffin top has definitely gotten smaller. I still have a stubborn layer of fat over my abs but that will take more time to get rid of.
    The Insanity workouts are great....extremely challenging and great calorie burners. The challenge is to always try to push yourself harder so they don't get boring. You do a fit test every couple of weeks so you get to see gradual improvements. At first you may have to take more breaks than the DVD has and you may have to modify but that's expected. I think that if you like a challenging program, you'll enjoy Insanity.
    Hope that helps.
    Kathy
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Also, if you go to the Beachbody site, you can find alot of support and motivation. Coach Greg A's thread for Team Engage is awesome. We have a nice group of people who are supportive and motivational. You post your accountability daily and you can ask questions, vent frustrations or whatever. I use the same name on that site so feel free to add me or look me up to find the thread.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have 6 days left in the program and I love it. I've lost 11 lbs, and inches everywhere. Feel much stronger too. My quads are getting really firm from all the plyometrics stuff.
  • jstuart99705
    Options
    I did insanity for a while and enjoyed it. Just becareful though as there is a lot of jumping and impact to the joints. I actually injured the Bursa in my knee from the jumping. Though when I did the program I loved it. One that is close that I enjoy is Tapout XT.
  • ashro67
    ashro67 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have 6 days left in the program and I love it. I've lost 11 lbs, and inches everywhere. Feel much stronger too. My quads are getting really firm from all the plyometrics stuff.

So have you completed one month or two? I am starting today, really nervous... trying to figure out what kind of results i will see!
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I loved insanity! It really helped me lose some of the extra fat i had in my tummy area, and its a great workout for your legs and bum too lol. I posted my results a while ago here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/570580-insanity-before-after-pics

My top abs started to be noticeable after i completed insanity, and now i'm working on getting the whole tummy area tighter, which i'm realizing has a lot to do with cleaning up my diet. But overall it's a great program, you won't be dissapointed if you get it!
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I took the fit test (1) today. I am also training for a few running events, so I'm following my own food plan and might not complete the whole thing in 60 days. But I will finish. :wink: