underactive thyriod

Options
Hi there

I am just beginning on my (long) weight loss journey. I have an underactive thyroid and on medication daily. I was hoping to hear from people who have this and have managed to lose weight successfully & more importantly kept it off!! I would love to hear any tips/advice too if anyone can spare some time.

Thanks
Lorr xx

Replies

• scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just do a search on here for under active thyroid. There are a few groups and lots of past posts. Good luck on your journey.
  • Lorrsi22
    Lorrsi22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You have done amazing, what an inspiration xx
  • vjt1976
    vjt1976 Posts: 43
    Options
    I too have an under active thyroid. I am on medication for the rest of my life. My doctor advice is to watch your calories and exercise!! I have lost 18lb in 2 months. Exercise does work :) Good luck. If you need more friends feel free to add me.
  • Lorrsi22
    Lorrsi22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch, glad to hear you are losing the weight, are you doing a special diet or just counting calories? I have added you are a friend, need all the help I can get!

Lorr xx
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I recently just found out 3 months ago I have an underactive thyroid as well. Very annoying but still pushing through it!! Definitley would love to meet others as well in the same situation :)