Lets give this boy a great last christmas =]**sad**

Options
jazzy020106
jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
a 5 yr old is in the last stages of a 2 1/2 yr battle with Neuroblastoma Cancer. The family is celebrating Christmas next week and Noahs request is to get lots of Christmas cards. Lets get him some, please send cards to: Noah Biorkman 1141 Fountain Viewcircle South Lyon, MI 48178 Lets send this little guy some cards. PLEASE RE-POST. I personally researched this on Snopes and it is TRUE.

Replies

• magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is very sweet...

I found the snopes link just in case anybody wants to read it...it has more info on it as well.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/biorkman.asp
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    This brought tears to my eyes, I will definitely be sending a card to this sweet little boy.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    bump i will post it on my other sites as well
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Here are two more links with a different address than the one provided....

http://www.zimbio.com/Noah+Biorkman/articles/bJCw9GM08Eq/Noah+Biorkman+Dying+5+Year+Old+Gets+Early
    http://wycd.com/Send-Christmas-cards-to-Noah--a-very-special-littl/5588415

Sending this sweet boy a card ! :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's too late to still mail?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    BUMP. I'll send one. If he doesn't receive it, I hope it helps to ease the pain for his family.
  • Georg
    Options
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:
  • melliz73
    Options
    Card is on the way...hope it brings him an extra moment of joy!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Options
    Mine went out this a.m.
    :heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Thousands send early Christmas cards to dying 5-year-old Noah Biorkman
    091105-noah-biorkmanjpg-232b7b66056d44d9_medium.jpg

Five-year-old Noah Biorkman of South Lyon will celebrate Christmas early this year.

His parents, Diana and Scott, wanted to make sure he would see the holiday one last time before cancer claims his life. They'll have their own Christmas this weekend.

Noah was diagnosed with neuroblastoma in 2007, when he was 3 years old.

He went into remission, but then relapsed in September 2008. His family is not expecting him to make it to Christmas Day.

The media caught wind of the story and now thousands of people from across the country and around the world have sent Noah gifts and cards.

An entry on the Web site Reddit asking for people to send cards is at the top of the list on AskReddit today, with 1,723 votes and 840 comments.

The movement also has a Facebook invitation page with more than 10,000 confirmed guests and wall posts from people in Finland, Sweden, England and Canada.

You can send cards or gifts directly to the family's home at 1141 Fountain View Circle, South Lyon, MI 48178.

You can also send them through Metro Detroit country radio station WYCD.

The family is asking people not to stop by their home.

Local NBC news station WDIV did a video report on Noah's Christmas, which you can watch here: WDIV video.

When Noah opens an angel Christmas tree ornament, the reporter asks him what it means to him.

"I'm going to heaven," Noah responds. "I'm going to be an angel."
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone heard, but sadly little Noah passed away yesterday morning. I was so heartbroken when I read that, but I am so glad so many people sent cards and that he got to celebrate Christmas.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    091109-noah-biorkmanjpg-746646dd8ea6949e_medium.jpg

Noah Biorkman Passes Peacefully
    Family Receives Thousands Of Cards From Strangers

POSTED: Wednesday, November 4, 2009
    UPDATED: 4:55 pm EST November 23, 2009

SOUTH LYON, Mich. -- The family of a 5-year-old South Lyon boy who had cancer is thanking the community for their support.

After a long battle with stage IV neruorblastoma cancer, Noah Biorkman passed away Monday morning at 8:02 a.m. in his home.

The boy's family issued the following statement:

"Scott and I, along with our families, would like to thank everyone for the continued support over the past few years during Noah’s illness. As most of you know, Noah has received more than 1 million Christmas cards over the past few weeks. The outpouring of love and compassion has been remarkable and we are extremely grateful. We are now asking for everyone please respect our privacy during this very difficult time. The funeral services will be for family only. We are asking that instead of sending cards and flowers to Scott and me; please make a donation in Noah’s name to either of the organizations below. With your donation, Noah’s legacy will live on for many years to come, if not forever."

Piles of cards and gifts from around the world poured in to the family of Noah, so much so that the family has had to rent storage to contain the packages.

Noah had been fighting cancer since he was 3 years old. He was diagnosed with neuroblastoma in February 2007, went into remission six months later but relapsed in September 2008.

Two weeks ago, Local 4 was there as Noah opened some of the gifts with his family.

The 5-year-old said an angel figurine ornament was his favorite because it reminded him of where he'll soon be.

"In heaven, and I'm going to be an angel," Noah said.

Donations can be sent to:

Department of Pediatrics and Oncology
    University of Michigan
    1500 East Medical Center Drive
    D4202MPB
    Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-5718
    Checks payable to: The University of Michigan -- Noah’s Pediatric Oncology Fund

Or

Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan
    230 Huron View Blvd.
    Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
    Checks payable to: Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan -- Memo: Noah Biorkman

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21522646/detail.html