I need a new scent!

Options

Replies

• mirasmom02
    Options
    I see you said you're usually a musk type girl but before you give up on musks, have you ever tried Musk by Alyssa Ashley/ It's a little old school, but its still my personal fave. I have gotten many other fragrances over the years, but I have been using that one since the mid 90s.
    The BEST part is that it doesn't cost too much - - which works for me cuz as I said, I mix it up every once in a while, too! Good Luck!
    P.S. I have found it here & there, but they almost always have it at CVS (I know...random place, but I've found it ther quite a few times & they do their fragrances buy 1 get one 50% off all the time.
  • Uuuhlexis
    Uuuhlexis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't like smelling like flowers or food. I like clean scents. So I use Simply Cotton by Mary Kay, i think it smells amazing!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I usually don't like Bath & Body works smells because they're just too heavy and typical. But I do really like Paris Amour from Bath & Body works. Its a newer product, but smells great.

One of my other faves is from Maurices, called Sungari, $15.

On the expensive side...Dolce & Gabbana's Rose The One, $60. Or Guerlain's Idylle, $65.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Flowerbomb by Viktor Rolf

The best, period.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Right now I'm totally stuck on Aventus by Creed.

Top notes: Finest blackcurrant, Italian bergamot, French apples and a burst of royal pineapple.
    Middle notes: Exquisite roses with a complement of dry birch, Moroccan jasmine plus a hint of patchouli.
    Base notes: Musk with a touch of oak moss for depth, then ambergris and a dab of vanilla.

It's actually a men's fragrance. It is AMAZING.
    Oooh that sounds awesome! Not sure if it is here in Canada though..that will be my issue with some fragrances :(
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Flowerbomb by Viktor Rolf

The best, period.

see? someone agrees.
  • shadowvampira
    Options
    I LOVE CURVE CRUSH (MEN LOVE THIS ANYTIME IM OUT WITH MY GIRLS MEN ALWAYS COMMENT AND ASK WHAT IM WEARING...
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I'm a musky, spicy girl myself but my perfume obsessed housemate got me into more fragrances. I love Jeanne Lanvin Couture (it's a new one from this year). Works really well with my skin

I hate those little paper test strips in shops- I always spray on my skin and wait half an hour.
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Pink Sugar by Aquolina. Over the years I've gotten lots of compliments on it...and still get them all the time.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    In honor of my recent weight loss...I treated myself to a bottle of French perfume..the scent is both rare and amazing...If I told you it's name and you purchased a bottle...I'd have to kill you (smile).
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Love miss dior xx
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    I know it's boring but ... Coco by Chanel. It's like my faithful boyfriend who knows I will occasionally cheat on him with other perfumes, but I always go back to him because nobody loves me like he does.

Also Tuscany by Aramis (who is like my lover on the side) and L'Arte di Gucci (another lover on the side whom I don't mind in small doses but I know long term he's no good for me), although good luck in finding either of them - they are impossible to get hold of!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I wear Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolff, Maitresse by Agent Provocateur, Valentina by Valentino equally, and usually have two bottles of each because I like to have them as air fresheners for my bedroom, hotel rooms and my car. Perfume and sunglasses are my major "drug" addiction and I probably could use a bit of counseling for it. :ohwell:
  • 7funnygirl7
    Options
    I see you said you're usually a musk type girl but before you give up on musks, have you ever tried Musk by Alyssa Ashley/ It's a little old school, but its still my personal fave. I have gotten many other fragrances over the years, but I have been using that one since the mid 90s.
    The BEST part is that it doesn't cost too much - - which works for me cuz as I said, I mix it up every once in a while, too! Good Luck!
    P.S. I have found it here & there, but they almost always have it at CVS (I know...random place, but I've found it ther quite a few times & they do their fragrances buy 1 get one 50% off all the time.
    I do remember this from when I was in high school..LOL I wore Jovan musk and Coty wild musk and still do!
  • 7funnygirl7
    Options
    I wear Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolff, Maitresse by Agent Provocateur, Valentina by Valentino equally, and usually have two bottles of each because I like to have them as air fresheners for my bedroom, hotel rooms and my car. Perfume and sunglasses are my major "drug" addiction and I probably could use a bit of counseling for it. :ohwell:
    Hee hee hee. I carry an extra bottle in my purse because I spray in my vehicle and I also spray it on my husbands side of the bed in hopes he will get the hint!
  • 7funnygirl7
    Options
    In honor of my recent weight loss...I treated myself to a bottle of French perfume..the scent is both rare and amazing...If I told you it's name and you purchased a bottle...I'd have to kill you (smile).
    Sure, it's probably the only one that I would love and that works with my natural body scent! Hmmpf..LOL
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I do remember this from when I was in high school..LOL I wore Jovan musk and Coty wild musk and still do!
    Wow they're still making that stuff? I remember that when I was around 14, I'm 43 now. Coty was the best of the two, more muskier and stronger smelling, the darker colored one. And Jovan made the White more feminine smelling ones haha. Wow going back in time now. I still buy musk oil any chance I get, Egyptian Musk. Its the best smelling stuff ever and only cost any where from $6.99-18.00. Such a good deal for such good memories. I use to wear it when I was younger and never stopped liking it.
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Paul Smith Rose. I wear nothing else. Except clothes, obviously.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Victoria's secret sexy little things, noir....it is so good.
    ^^This. It's more feminine. A muskier, slightly sexier choice is Rock Star by Victoria's Secret. I wear them both depending on my mood and I am constantly told I smell fantastic. Rock Star sends my husband into overdrive. It's awesome.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Vintage Soul by Curve. It's a surprise winner. I got a sample size of it, and I got compliments like crazy anytime I wore it, so I bought a full size bottle (something I rarely do). I don't even think it's all that astounding, to me it smells nice, but I am ALWAYS complimented when I wear it, so it obviously is a good scent on me.