COFFEE

Options
2»

Replies

• camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Coffee has been a big help to me throughout both my weight loss and weight maintenance. One of the main reasons for that is that I can slowly work my way through a big urn of coffee and as long as it lasts I don't really get hungry or crave anything.
  • AnnaShakesItUp
    Options
    I'm not giving up my coffee that's for sure! I think if it's done within moderation just like everything else it's fine! I can't give it up because I will get severe migraines on top of my already chronic migraines no thank you! I do add sugar and just a bit of French Vanilla Creamer, but it's just for flavor. It's well within my Calorie intake and I'm fine. I'm losing (before signing up on MFP I've lost 20lbs in the past month) so I think I'm doing just fine.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on if you're having coffee or If you're having syrupy sugary stuff with a flavor of coffee multiple times a day ; )

(I love premade mochas but I drink them a lot less frequently)
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the most important meal of the day!

^What she said!

Seriously, I have to drink my coffee in the morning. I usually drink it with flavored creamer and I am still losing weight. So I say enjoy it and if you like sugar and creamers while moderate it. ;)

^ No, What SHE said! lol
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Ummm, ...... nobody told my system that and I drink 6-10 cups a day black and strong. Lot's of good benefits and a new study reported on MSN just a few weeks ago touted 6 cups a day as a longevity booster. Learn to drink it black and drink plenty of water and you should be good.

Stress, Pituitary function, Thyroid all could be causing you to increase your Cortisol also. Don't let them blame Coffee (true manna)!

Of course I'm biased,....
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a natural diuretic. So drink up!!!! It's on the internet so it has to be true!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think coffee is great - but that assumes you are actually drinking coffee not a takeaway mug full of sugar and artificial flavourings.

I drink it black or as a latte - which is skim milk plus coffee.
  • ddyirishgrl
    Options
    ""(NaturalNews) Conventional wisdom about weight loss suggests coffee may be a good addition to a diet plan since it has minimal calories and no fat. While this seems logical, a more holistic view evaluates coffee from the perspective of its influence on the body's ability to metabolize the other food we eat. Recent studies suggest that despite its low calorie count, coffee may actually promote weight gain as well as type 2 diabetes by stimulating cortisol production and insulin resistance."""

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034674_coffee_cortisol_weight_gain.html#ixzz23XVM0E1C
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    ""(NaturalNews) Conventional wisdom about weight loss suggests coffee may be a good addition to a diet plan since it has minimal calories and no fat. While this seems logical, a more holistic view evaluates coffee from the perspective of its influence on the body's ability to metabolize the other food we eat. Recent studies suggest that despite its low calorie count, coffee may actually promote weight gain as well as type 2 diabetes by stimulating cortisol production and insulin resistance."""

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034674_coffee_cortisol_weight_gain.html#ixzz23XVM0E1C

Wait shhhshh! Don't say that! What if the 67lbs I lost hears that, then it might come looking for me and get back on. Lots of good information in the article, but the one thing most of these studies including the one touting it as a longevity booster is that they aren't taking into consideration how different we all are metabolically. I stress without coffee (my last true addiction) and stress definitely in my case causes cortisol release. So I drink it and less stress problem solved. Folks find what works for you and go with that. Just cause it's written or printed doesn;t make it gospel, just one possible way. Drinking boat loads of coffee works for me as I can have an espresso and go to sleep, but if it messes with your world makes you gain weight then don't drink it. Try not drinking for a couple weeks if it helps great, if not drink up!

Experiment and learn what your body needs/wants and you'll be happier and healthier. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ddyirishgrl
    Options
    oh no! i went a day without it and ill stick to coffee!
  • AnnaShakesItUp
    Options
    listen, if i have to give up my coffee, am out.

Exactly! LOL I said the same thing!
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    since I drink 4 to 6 mugs every morning, I thought I'd try googling this, which led me to another message board here that directed me to this site: interesting.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2257922/