1st Mini Goal Acheived - Wedding Dress NSV for me

kbmiller27
kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
When I signed up for MFP and put my mini goals together, one of them was to make it back to the weight I was at on my wedding day so that I could try on the dress again and see if it still fit. Not only did it fit, but it was too big!! My wedding ring is so big on me now I am going to have to get it sized down.

On my wedding day
34c59315.jpg

Apart from the day I gave birth, this is the weight I stuck around at for what seemed like forever (195 lb Since Spring 2010)
c72b458a.jpg

After starting to run, working out (30 day Shred, gym, various DVDs) and most recently – counting calories with MFP, my body has done some noticeable (at least to me) changes that I am pretty happy with so far.
Here I am back in my wedding dress yesterday:
275b12e5.jpg

Replies

• Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • Nikid1926
    Nikid1926 Posts: 17 Member
    Well done you look fantastic
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Beautiful bride! Then AND now.
  • kbmiller27
    thank you! :)
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Such cute pictures, I had to smile. Congrats!
  • kbmiller27
    I honestly can't quit smiling either LOL
  • bSlUuNe
    bSlUuNe Posts: 12 Member
    OMG i just saw these!!! You look so good! You should be so proud of yourself and keep on smiling! What a great mini goal and good job for achieving it and achieving it so quickly!!
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    you look wonderful!!! Your back/shoulder muscles are awesome!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 535 Member
    That's awesome, I had the same thing happen when I wore my wedding dress to a weight loss awards night and though I actually probably weighed slightly more than my wedding day, the thing had to be pulled way tighter than on my wedding day! Felt great!!! Great job :)
  • ruthpike1
    ruthpike1 Posts: 8 Member
    I want to get back to my wedding dress size...But it will be a long haul. 80 pounds...so reading your story is so encouraging!!!
  • AllyLuna
    AllyLuna Posts: 32
    Stunning!!! Such a great accomplishment :D Keep up the great work
  • So cute!! Love this! :) Congrats!!!!
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    OMG just gorgeous!!! YOU GO GIRL! :happy:
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    You look absolutely beautiful ~ amazing progress!!!
  • kbmiller27
    That's awesome, I had the same thing happen when I wore my wedding dress to a weight loss awards night and though I actually probably weighed slightly more than my wedding day, the thing had to be pulled way tighter than on my wedding day! Felt great!!! Great job :)

Thanks for sharing this! After I originally posted I was thinking, 'oh no... People are gonna think I'm weird for doing this, who compares themselves in a big poofy wedding dress??' so I was surprised to see someone else did it too. It felt great for me too, even though I was totally in love with my wedding day photos, I'm even more happy about the way I feel in my body now. (especially since I'm a mom too!)
  • kbmiller27
    Thank you all for your kind words. This makes me feel so good and I am even more motivated now to continue on with the rest of my goals :smile:
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Woo!!! You look so good! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!