100 grams?

Options
How many cups are there in 100 grams of cooked Green Beans? I have to get a scale.

Replies

• free2live72003
    Options
    google it
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Google says it's about a half a cup.
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I second the scale idea. I got mine (weight watchers) for like 15 bucks at bed, bath and beyond. totally worth it.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    How many cups are there in 100 grams of cooked Green Beans? I have to get a scale.
    depends how fine you chop them and how hard you push them in

a cup is a volume measure, broadly useless for anything other than liquids or free flowing powders
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i have a scale and i still google pretty much all my conversions if grams/ounces whatever isn't in the database/

google is your friend =]
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, depending on how they're cooked, green beans are only around 40 calories per cup, so it's not as though you're going to break the caloric bank if you have a whole cup instead of a half a cup.
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    depends how fine you chop them and how hard you push them in

a cup is a volume measure, broadly useless for anything other than liquids or free flowing powders

Exactly! I hate it when baking recipes list the amount of flour in cups - it's way to inaccurate. Measuring the mass of something using a digital scale is definitely the way to go!